Is Kent super or moderate selective region

Eleven Plus (11+) in Kent

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
trapti

Is Kent super or moderate selective region

Post by trapti »

Hi,
I am new to this forum and in this 11 plus world. My son is in year 3. I live in Longfield, Kent. I would like to know if Kent grammar schools are highly selective, what is the selection ration?
Thanks.
PettswoodFiona

Re: Is Kent super or moderate selective region

Post by PettswoodFiona »

Short answer: both
Long answer: if you pass (ie get the deemed pass score or greater) the Kent test you then qualify for most Kent grammar schools (but not generally Medway that has its own test I believe) subject to their over subscription criteria such as distance, siblings etc. Some schools such as Judd require a specific score and are thus superselective. Check each school as they are all subtly different and may restrict some or all places to certain parishes.
yoyo123

Post by yoyo123 »

The Kent TEst covers teh area controlled by KCC Local Authority. There is a sticky att the top of this section showing the places covered. Medway does have its own test. It very much depends on where you are and also entry criteria for individual schools.

http://www.elevenplusexams.co.uk/school ... nt-11-plus" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

is a good place to start
Kentishmaid

Post by Kentishmaid »

In Kent as a whole about 25% go to grammar schools, however some grammars take only around the top 5-10% by score, others take all who pass by distance or catchment.
FortyNinePence

Post by FortyNinePence »

To my knowledge if you live in Longfield, you will be in catchment for Gravesend grammar, which will mean passing the test. Maybe Wilmington as well?

Your local superselective I think would be Dartford? Which would need a higher score.