Mock Results

Eleven Plus (11+) in Trafford

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

SashaO

Mock Results

Post by SashaO »

Hi All,

My DD had her first Mock last weekend and result is 64%. Im very upset / angry / dissapointed...or all together.

Did your kids sit Mock and what are their results?

Thank you :) And good luck!
Rainysunshine001

Re: MOCK RESULTS

Post by Rainysunshine001 »

Hi there, this might make you feel better (?): We have not done any mocks outside , but did home made mock last weekend using cgp pk 3 (Cem) under strict timings/ no extra time was given to complete any of the sections. The score was ONLY 52%.. To say that we are devastated/ disappointed is an under statement:(
Don't know where to go from here:((
SashaO

Post by SashaO »

Yeah, know the feeling :( However our tutor told that we still have 2.5 months left and can/need to push now a bit stronger. I think biggest problem was timing soi hope thats why result is so bad. Or also first time, child can be scared or feel too much pressure.

Just booked one more Mock for this Saturday. Excited... not :(

But cant wait till all this is over. I think I put too much pressure on my DD, my partner, myself and people around me. All I think is exams! Cant wait till October already :)
neveragainmum

Post by neveragainmum »

Yes pretty much feeling the same right now, we have sat a few mocks including the sutton ones, scores have been disappointing apart from maths, which isnt enough in these competitive exams. No matter what work we do I cant improve ds english as we are sitting cem and essex consortium. Im really doubting my diy approach and perhaps should have drafted in help. However its too late now so just ploughing on, but this 11plus thing is so stressful and right now I feel is pretty much pointless. In a way I wish id never started but cant get off the treadmill now.
SashaO

Post by SashaO »

neveragainmum wrote:Yes pretty much feeling the same right now, we have sat a few mocks including the sutton ones, scores have been disappointing apart from maths, which isnt enough in these competitive exams. No matter what work we do I cant improve ds english as we are sitting cem and essex consortium. Im really doubting my diy approach and perhaps should have drafted in help. However its too late now so just ploughing on, but this 11plus thing is so stressful and right now I feel is pretty much pointless. In a way I wish id never started but cant get off the treadmill now.
Yes understand your feelings. Our English is 50% only too. DD doesnt like reading and vocabulary is very poor.
I wish i would push her 6 months ago as now it is too late :(
ManYou

Post by ManYou »

erm, sorry this makes me feel better :)

Our DS sat mock tests recently and most of the marks were in the low 60's. However, at home he has been getting in the high 70's?? (That is apart from NV where he is still in the 60's)
oberoijasleen

Post by oberoijasleen »

Hi,

Looks like we are all sailing in the same ship :( :(

My DD gave Sutton mocks and got really bad results. Mostly in 60's. Don't know what to do. Which mock tests are you talking about. Do we have CEM style mocks available any where???

Thanks
Jas
SashaO

Re: Mock Results

Post by SashaO »

Makes me feel a bit better :) We still have 2 months to go so can and need to improve a lot!

I think ********** does CEM exams but need to check for sure. Also my tutor told that Mocks should be a bit more comlicated that real tests. What I hape is true.

Anyway hope next results will be better and next month will bring more confidence in our kids.
frosties

Post by frosties »

Who are you upset/angry/disappointed with? :o
My niece took the SGS exam last year and was getting 40% in the mocks!
The papers are designed for the children not to finish, so 64% seems excellent to me considering most pupils get about 80% of the paper finished if they're lucky.
My niece passed btw, so don't get too angry about things!
My DN and a lot of her friends come on a long way over the last 2 months, so what you've heard is true.
SashaO

Post by SashaO »

frosties wrote:Who are you upset/angry/disappointed with? :o
My niece took the SGS exam last year and was getting 40% in the mocks!
The papers are designed for the children not to finish, so 64% seems excellent to me considering most pupils get about 80% of the paper finished if they're lucky.
My niece passed btw, so don't get too angry about things!
My DN and a lot of her friends come on a long way over the last 2 months, so what you've heard is true.
Aww thank you so much for this. It really made my day! And gave me a hope! Very please for your DN and hope she will enjoy new school xx
Thank you!!!
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now