GL Papers

Eleven Plus (11+) in Bexley and Bromley

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
dwisdom

GL Papers

Post by dwisdom »

Getting roughly 70-80% is this good, average or totally irrevelant as Bexley is CEM.

CGP papers look well hard
MerlinFromCamelot

Re: GL Papers

Post by MerlinFromCamelot »

I don't think it matters. Last year the feedback from a lot of people I know and used the old papers was that they were very different from the Bexley test.
DD only saw them once as we practiced widely and still had them from when her sister sat the test a few years ago.

We got the CGP papers last year but did not do all of them. DD said that the real thing was a lot easier than most of the papers she had seen. CEM do not publish materials and they may change the paper from year to year. As such I think that putting CEM on the cover of a revision guide is just a gimmick to sell books.
If CEM have not decided what they are going to put in a paper then how would publishers know often 2 years in advance? If a publisher or tutor claims to know what will be tested I would take that with a generous helping of salt tbh.
sidcupparent

Re: GL Papers

Post by sidcupparent »

I think you should try as many different styles as possible. You don't what is going come up. So the more you practice the better. GL papers are good for comprehension skills as well as testing Grammar and punctuation. For cloze and vocab you need to use other materials.

GL NVR and maths good practice

I think we found all really good experience.

Also I would be concerned about the marks - at worst they give a a false sense of expectation. Just get your kid into the zone and regular practice.