Birmingham 2015 exam

Eleven Plus (11+) in Birmingham, Walsall, Wolverhampton and Wrekin

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
thirdtimemum

Birmingham 2015 exam

Post by thirdtimemum »

I was wondering if anyone can give me some more information on the proceedures for the Birmingham exam please? We have a clash with the date ( obviously exam comes first) but wondering what time we are likely to finish? We are at KEA if that makes a difference. I am right in thinking that all the exams are in the morning so the children aren't held back like they were in Walsall?
Thanks for your help
um

Re: Birmingham 2015 exam

Post by um »

The exam is scheduled to start at 9am and consists of 2 sessions of 45 minutes each with a break in between.
My recollection is that my children came out at about 1130am.
thirdtimemum

Post by thirdtimemum »

um wrote:The exam is scheduled to start at 9am and consists of 2 sessions of 45 minutes each with a break in between.
My recollection is that my children came out at about 1130am.
Thank you that's really helpful.
muminbrum

Post by muminbrum »

Mine both sat it at KEFW. Don't know if you are familiar with the kea site but parking was pretty mad at KEFW so must be even worse at KEA. Make sure you are there in plenty of time, it takes a while to check them in too.
thirdtimemum

Post by thirdtimemum »

muminbrum wrote:Mine both sat it at KEFW. Don't know if you are familiar with the kea site but parking was pretty mad at KEFW so must be even worse at KEA. Make sure you are there in plenty of time, it takes a while to check them in too.
I know the area quite well. My partner will be taking him and has a blue badge so I will call before and see what parking they have for him. I took ds to the Walsall exam which was chaos so I'm expecting that kea may be a bit better.
Do you need to sign them in then? At Walsall they were dropped at the gate?
muminbrum

Post by muminbrum »

At KEFW we were sent to different parts of the building according to surname, signed them in at a desk then handed them over to a sixth former. We were told which bit of the outdoor area to wait in afterwards. The streets near kea are usually gridlocked (at least they were on open evenings) so not sure how easy it would be to get close enough to use any disabled spaces.
Parques

Post by Parques »

How do you know which school you child is sitting the exam at? My confirmation email does not state this.

nervousmom

Post by nervousmom »

We have applied through Warwickshire and won't find out our exam venue until week commencing 24th August.
um

Post by um »

We received our test centre details just weeks before the examination.

If you live in and around Birmingham, it will usually be the closest test centre to you.
It may not be one of the grammar schools.
In recent years, KE have used comprehensive school venues in Solihull and I understand they will do this again.
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now