Help with gathering current levels for AHS

Eleven Plus (11+) in Buckinghamshire (Bucks)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

Eccentric

Help with gathering current levels for AHS

Post by Eccentric »

""
Last edited by Eccentric on Sat Jul 18, 2015 10:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
trudie

Re: Help with gathering current levels for AHS

Post by trudie »

Dear Eccentric,

Yes agreed - a trifle hyperbolic those median levels!

First you need to ascertain whether AHS actually publish median levels in their End of Year 7 reports. Some school do and some don't.

However ... at another Buckinghamshire grammar where they do publish this sort of information, I can tell you that the median levels for the end of year 7 are:

English - Median = 6c
Maths - Median = 6b
Science - Median = 6b

Good luck in your appeal.
heartmum

Post by heartmum »

Eccentric, I'm not sure if this is much help but the KS3 guide for parents when my DC was in Y7 (Sept 2010-July 2011) gives the Median level at the end of Y7 for these subjects as:

English 5B
Maths 6C
Science 6B

But this data is a few years old :( hopefully parents with DCs more recent will have this list; it is generally given out in Y7 with their reports so parents understand where the children are working, based on the median levels and where they are expected to be at end KS3. Sorry I can't be of more help.
Heartmum x x x
Eccentric

Post by Eccentric »

""
Eccentric

Post by Eccentric »

heartmum wrote:Eccentric, I'm not sure if this is much help but the KS3 guide for parents when my DC was in Y7 (Sept 2010-July 2011) gives the Median level at the end of Y7 for these subjects as:

English 5B
Maths 6C
Science 6B

But this data is a few years old :( hopefully parents with DCs more recent will have this list; it is generally given out in Y7 with their reports so parents understand where the children are working, based on the median levels and where they are expected to be at end KS3. Sorry I can't be of more help.
Thank you
Tolstoy

Post by Tolstoy »

Curious to know what the relevance is.

If it is to compare with your DDs surely they realise that the problem with being at Upper is that DC is less likely to be reaching those levels because they are not being taught to their ability. If they were why would you bother trying to move her to a different school?
Eccentric

Post by Eccentric »

""
Tolstoy

Post by Tolstoy »

This is a nonsense. I know my DCs levels in some subject are limited by the teaching he is receiving not his ability. SATs do not test IQ they test what a DC is taught and is able to retain. If they are not taught it they can't retain it. What are the panel trying to say then, DC in schools where they are not taught the information should teach themselves or worse pay someone else to!

Sorry to derail your thread.
trudie

Post by trudie »

Hello again, Eccentric,

I have pm'ed you with the school name and the higher levels achieved within the year group. Hopefully as many forum parents will post with their schools so that you have a really thorough knowledge of the median levels across all grammars including AHS which should help you through the artifice of appeal.

:D
Eccentric

Post by Eccentric »

""
Last edited by Eccentric on Sat Jul 18, 2015 10:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now