Countdown has started in my house

Eleven Plus (11+) in Bexley and Bromley

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
hornetgirl

Countdown has started in my house

Post by hornetgirl »

Right less than 9 weeks to go until the Bexley and Olave's tests. How is the preparation going in your house? I am fired up, but I can't say the same for my son!
vinitasurya

Re: Countdown has started in my house

Post by vinitasurya »

It is the same in my house too! Hubby and I are all fired up but not so sure about DS. Atmosphere in the house is full of stress.
mumsdarling2

Post by mumsdarling2 »

I am dreading the summer.
Caramellulu

Post by Caramellulu »

Good luck! I was in the same position as you last year! It was for us a very stressful summer but it's amazing how much work you can do and still have some fun each day! Can't say I'm looking forward to a repeat in 3 years time with my youngest! All the best!!! And lots of deep breathing !!
neveragainmum

Post by neveragainmum »

I feel fired down same for ds, probably started prep too early. We are going on holiday for 6 weeks Saturday, and I plan to let ds rest for couple of days, then back to tests every other day and other stuff alternatively. Once his work is finished, no more than say 60 mins or so, the day is his to do as he pleases. I can not believe these exams have come round so quickly, and cant wait for it all to be over. Like my name says neveragainmum. ohh bringing his books and tests in hand luggage in case suitcases go missing!
mumsdarling2

Post by mumsdarling2 »

neveragainmum wrote:I feel fired down same for ds, probably started prep too early. We are going on holiday for 6 weeks Saturday, and I plan to let ds rest for couple of days, then back to tests every other day and other stuff alternatively. Once his work is finished, no more than say 60 mins or so, the day is his to do as he pleases. I can not believe these exams have come round so quickly, and cant wait for it all to be over. Like my name says neveragainmum. ohh bringing his books and tests in hand luggage in case suitcases go missing!
Good luck neveragainmum. It does sound like a good idea to go away on a holiday. Maybe we too will book someplace not too far away for a week or so. It is so easy for us to pile the work (plus the expectation of a good score each time) on the children but they are only 10 and I sometimes feel sorry for the kids. Keep telling myself that there is life after 11+ and I'll make it up to DC after the exams.
VanillaLatte

Post by VanillaLatte »

I'm panicking big time. On the top of it our tutor left on holiday for a month. Moving house on the agenda as well :roll:
mumsdarling2

Post by mumsdarling2 »

Seems a really bad time for a tutor to go on holiday :!: Hope he/she has given you a schedule to work through the summer.
Nikki00

Post by Nikki00 »

Have a very uninterested DD here ! Taking the newstead test. Been through the question types but still can't complete 30min IPS tests in time. :( . Hope it comes with practice.
VanillaLatte

Post by VanillaLatte »

Yes, tutor on holiday, said 'DS will be fine' ?! I asked whether she can recommend a replacement tutor and she answered: 'I doubt that you will find someone, everyone is on holiday' ???!!!
I found a new one (actually couple of tutors) and re-commencing exercises today. DS not interested at all. Also did not pass on the mock test this Saturday and was very stressed out.
Hope that the new tutor will advise on techniques how to overcome nerves.
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now