aggs

Eleven Plus (11+) in Trafford

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
enema

aggs

Post by enema »

The exam is on a Monday. Does anyone know if this will be in school hours or after school?
hermanmunster

Re: aggs

Post by hermanmunster »

all the 11 plus exams I have come across have been during the school day
ToadMum

Post by ToadMum »

enema wrote:The exam is on a Monday. Does anyone know if this will be in school hours or after school?
According to the school calendar (I'm just nosey :) ), it's a non-pupil day, so presumably the exam is during the school day?
Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.Groucho Marx
topsyturvy

Post by topsyturvy »

enema wrote:The exam is on a Monday. Does anyone know if this will be in school hours or after school?

AGGS on 14th Sept 2015 is a non-pupil day for existing students ie holiday for current students going to this school. The entrance exam is scheduled this year on Monday 14th Sept unlike previous years when it was held on a Saturday.
enema

Post by enema »

I wonder if a state primary would grant this as an authorised absence for the whole day...
loobylou

Post by loobylou »

enema wrote:I wonder if a state primary would grant this as an authorised absence for the whole day...
When dd did one of her 11+ exams on a school day she took the whole day off (as did the others who sat it). I can't believe many primary schools would argue about something like that.
enema

Post by enema »

It'd be nonsensical to refuse authorisation, but even after 2 years of the current term-time/absence regime I don't know definitively what her school considers acceptable reason for absence. Am loathe to call her in sick. But, cannot risk an unauthorised absence jeopardising independent school applications in January.
hermanmunster

Post by hermanmunster »

Hope you can sort this out - strongly suspect that she won't be the only one off that day
wigwam12

Post by wigwam12 »

my children's primary school insisted the children have to return to school for the 1/2 day they are not doing the exam.
I have resigned myself to having an 1/2 day unauthorised leave on the record.
enema

Post by enema »

Mine too. I've decided if it is an afternoon exam then we'll call in sick in the am, and have an authorised absence for the pm.

It is mildly irking me to think that the effort she has made to pass this exam will likely contribute in some small manner to her school's attainment levels via SATs later in the year, yet they're being arsey about time off for an entrance exam. But, cannot be bothered to battle them.