Senior School Entrance Exam Clash

Independent Schools as an alternative to Grammar

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
GladU

Senior School Entrance Exam Clash

Post by GladU »

I'm starting to put things in place for my son's 11+ senior school entrance. two of our target schools have all day entrance exams on the same day has anyone experienced this? is there any point speaking to the schools to resolve?

Thank you
Daogroupie

Re: Senior School Entrance Exam Clash

Post by Daogroupie »

Yes. There is always a backup date for those who are ill or unable to attend the first date.

I would suggest that you sit the correct date for your first choice school and ask for the backup date for the other one. Be polite but insistent. Some admissions staff are wonderful; my dd arrived 2.5 hours late for one of her exams because of heavy snow that day. They could not have made her more welcome and let her help with the teas as she had already missed the first exam. With 18 others (who had not made it at all) she came back a few days later to sit the first exam and got an interview and an offer.

We had quite a different experience at another nearby school who pointblank refused to offer another date for the scholarship tests which clashed with another schools 11 plus day. so my dd ended up sitting the 11 plus papers with the 13 plus students.

So you may find, as we did, that one school will be flexible and another will not. I hope your two schools are willing to work with you. It may well, as it did for us, colour your whole opinion of the two schools. We would not have considered a seven year relationship with the one who refused to help. We found out later that there had been another sitting for the scholarship tests but we were not offered the option of that date. We were told we had to come on the morning offered or my dd would not be able to sit the test. DG
GladU

Re: Senior School Entrance Exam Clash

Post by GladU »

Thank you, I hope everything worked out in the end.

I've called the second choice school and they've advised that they held a second exam day last year but have not yet made arrangements this year. it all depends on how many effected. They said they'll look into it and get back to me, so fingers crossed.

I haven't even considered if we have clashes with interview and scholarship exams, I sincerely hope I don't.
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now