Why did the maths topic disappear without a warning

11 Plus Maths – Preparation and Information

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
NanoNano

Why did the maths topic disappear without a warning

Post by NanoNano »

The maths topic I was following has disappeared.. is that a glitch or has it been removed? It doesn't even show up in my posted area :-( Have I been banned as even history says it is an unknown page! I have put this in the maths section because that was what I was following ...move it if you need to, but first explain why I can't access my posts :-?
kenyancowgirl

Re: Why did the maths topic disappear without a warning

Post by kenyancowgirl »

I imagine because it derailed from the original thread and became a bit personal.
NanoNano

Post by NanoNano »

Not sure how it got personal or derailed; answers to questions were suggested, that was all ... the last thing I saw was that the OP was going to give the advice a go, but now it is gone. If it was too personal then I would like to know how.
Moderators

Post by Moderators »

Complaints were starting to come in about the 'tone' being adopted by one (or more) posters.
Not by you, NanoNano! :)

I think one of the moderators quarantined the thread pending a decision about what to do with it.

Sorry for any inconvenience. Sometimes it's necessary to intervene before a thread degenerates further, and there may not be time for an explanation (especially if moderators are busy dealing with other matters).

NanoNano

Post by NanoNano »

Sorry to hear that... hope it wasn't prompted by me saying I passed the 11+ :-( In those days it was just another test and nothing to worry about in Bucks. As I hinted I am sure I passed because I love puzzles and see patterns instinctively, and that was what the test was in those days.
Guest55

Post by Guest55 »

Probably my fault for ........... [Edited by moderator]
russet

Post by russet »

............ I have not once been paid for tutoring maths. I love maths and I love communicating maths. To me my posts are not there to complicate, but to demystify a subject which others, including Guest55, has said should be left to experts.
People of all different abilities read these threads. Indeed I have learnt a lot from others posting more complicated solutions on these threads.
............................................................... [Edited by moderator]
Moderators

Post by Moderators »

An edited version of the original thread can be seen here:
http://www.elevenplusexams.co.uk/forum/ ... =2&t=43069" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now