Music lessons at AGSB

Eleven Plus (11+) in Trafford

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

wilmslowmum

Music lessons at AGSB

Post by wilmslowmum »

Hi, A question for parents with boys already at AGSB. I am a little confused regards the recent letter we have received from the music department. Do the all yr 7 boys get an instrument regardless of private lessons? I was under the impression that this is the case?? If so what happens if you opt for some private lessons! Do they end up playing 2 instruments? Whilst I want DS to have the opportunity i dont think he will take kindly to having to practice two different instruments. It has been a struggle getting him to practice one!!
Mr147

Re: Music lessons at AGSB

Post by Mr147 »

You should have said what they currently play on your enrolment forms - if so then the Music teacher offers them that instrument first. If like my son you say to them 'No, I don't play Guitar' because he didn't want to continue doing it any longer then you might end up with something else (in his case the Violin) - but in essence - yes, they all play an instrument in Y7
wilmslowmum

Re: Music lessons at AGSB

Post by wilmslowmum »

Thank you mr147, My son plays the piano, well he should!!! I think he would like to try something else, so i will wait to see what he is offered before i arrange any lessons.