Kent Test - what to expect

Eleven Plus (11+) in Kent

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

sitheshini

Kent Test - what to expect

Post by sitheshini »

Hi
This is a very new experience for me, my daughter will be taking the kent test in Sept 2015. I am not sure about the format, is it just Verbal Reasoning, Non-Verbal Reasoning, Maths and a writing.
Please help...

thanks
Sid
PettswoodFiona

Re: Kent Test - what to expect

Post by PettswoodFiona »

There is lots of helpful information on the region pages on this site, plus on the history of previous conversations. The familiarisation paper that Kent provided also explains it. http://www.kent.gov.uk/education-and-ch ... /kent-test" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; It is slightly worrying if you are asking this question seven weeks before the test....
sitheshini

Post by sitheshini »

Thanks for the reply, my daughter will be taking the Bexley tests and the kent ones, we are late starters too.. so I am reading and researching a lot and getting totally confused.
:(
PurpleDog

Post by PurpleDog »

The test consists of Maths, English and Reasoning (Verbal, non-verbal and spatial) plus a short piece of writing which is only used for appeals.

They have tried hard to make the test tutor proof but I really don't believe that is possible, so if you want to give your daughter the best chance, I would get hold of some of the GL assessment familiarisation papers just so that she knows what sort of thing to expect.

Good Luck from a fellow Sept 2015 parent - DD1 sat the test last year too!
FortyNinePence

Post by FortyNinePence »

Yes get some GL assessment practice papers, for Maths, English, VR and NVR. Spatial awareness if you Google it there are online resources and do some stuff on nets.

The GL practice papers are an hour, the real test is less than half this. Speed is key, with accuracy. For English, practice comprehension and SPaG.

Good luck!
mystery

Post by mystery »

there are 8 practice tests available from GL assessment in each of the 4 subjects for Kent - so 32 papers in total. If you did a fair number of these over the summer you would be better prepared than most for Kent. And then add a dash of spatial reasoning from anything you can set your hands on.

Practice the maths at less than 1 minute per question.

For CEM add in some Cloze practice and some muddled up sentences and the job's done.

Good luck!
sitheshini

Post by sitheshini »

Thank you to all of you who have replied and have given us advice - much appreciated.