Apology

Eleven Plus (11+) in Buckinghamshire (Bucks)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
Eccentric

Apology

Post by Eccentric »

I would like to start by apologising for any offence caused to anyone in deleting some of my posts. I did so because it had become apparent that both my daughter and I and her school had been recognised. In retrospect I should not have let my thought run away with me in my posts. I was/ am fearful for her because of some of my candid statements. I meant no offence to those who have kindly helped me.
I am posting to let those of you who were so helpful in my appeals process know that I was successful in one of the schools that I appealed for, so my daughter is delighted. I also wanted to say a huge thank you for all the support and information given. The levels were especially helpful as was Etienne's information and advice. The biggest thank you is to Guest55 without whom I don't think I would have proceeded. I had lots of doubts about whether I should at various stages of the process and Guest55 gave me the confidence and the support to go ahead despite my fears and anxieties. Thank you!
I will lurk so that I can help others going through the same process.
ToadMum

Re: Apology

Post by ToadMum »

Let me be the first to offer congratulations :) - and hope that your DD will be able to feel more settled in her new school and 'move on', as the saying goes.
Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.Groucho Marx
Eccentric

Post by Eccentric »

ToadMum wrote:Let me be the first to offer congratulations :) - and hope that your DD will be able to feel more settled in her new school and 'move on', as the saying goes.
Thank you! I hope she will be more settled too. She is very excited.
Daogroupie

Post by Daogroupie »

I am delighted to hear your news. I am sure she will thrive with lots of new challenges.

I hope you have left some of your posts about your trust in the myth that CEM is not to be prepared for in any way but is for the "naturally bright." They might just help one family avoid the situation you and your dd found yourselves in. DG
Guest55

Post by Guest55 »

I'm so delighted to hear your news and I hope you have a fantastic summer.

You really 'climbed a hill' and I hope your daughter will be very happy at her new school.
Etienne

Post by Etienne »

First of all, it's really refreshing to read an apology on the forum (one not followed by "but .....").

Secondly, welcome back - it's good to see you posting again, Eccentric. Thank you very much for your report on two appeals:
http://www.elevenplusexams.co.uk/forum/ ... 0e#p522420" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Thirdly, many congratulations on your successful appeal. Well done! :D
Etienne
Sally-Anne

Post by Sally-Anne »

Etienne wrote:First of all, it's really refreshing to read an apology on the forum (one not followed by "but .....").

Secondly, welcome back - it's good to see you posting again, Eccentric. Thank you very much for your report on two appeals:
http://www.elevenplusexams.co.uk/forum/ ... 0e#p522420" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

+1 from me, in every respect.

Thank you, Eccentric, and congratulations! :D
Eccentric

Post by Eccentric »

Etienne wrote:First of all, it's really refreshing to read an apology on the forum (one not followed by "but .....").

I have no problem apologising if I think I may have caused offence. There are no buts.
I am glad to post a report, if it helps others as it helped me to read reports from those who have been through the same process. I thought it may help some to know that sometimes you can do all you can do and give all the right evidence and still not be successful. I am just glad I went for 2 appeals not one.
salsa

Post by salsa »

Hi Eccentric,
Congratulations! I'm so happy for you and your daughter! Well done for persevering! Do keep us posted on how she settles. I hope she doesn't have many problems as she's going to a class with already established sets of friends.

Keep posting as all experience is valuable to someone.
Eccentric

Post by Eccentric »

salsa wrote:Hi Eccentric,
Congratulations! I'm so happy for you and your daughter! Well done for persevering! Do keep us posted on how she settles. I hope she doesn't have many problems as she's going to a class with already established sets of friends.

Keep posting as all experience is valuable to someone.
She is aware that she will be going into a class with already established friendship groups. At the moment that is not phasing her. She has spent a year of lunch and break times in the library and says she is happy to keep doing the same if necessary until she finds her feet. I don't think she is going in with rose tinted glasses we have talked through all the pro's and cons. It has also occurred to me that the other children will realise that as she and others entering in year 8 will be either entering on 12+ or appeal so she may feel she has to prove herself. As far as I can see from the school documentation there will be 10 new children in year 8.
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now