mock exams suitable for kendrick

Eleven Plus (11+) in Berkshire (Berks)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

desimom

mock exams suitable for kendrick

Post by desimom »

Hi, I know there are already some topics about this, but I have not received any information even after posting there, in fact I cannot see my posts at all. Could someone please tell me what mock exams are suitable for kendrick? I have found a couple of names online but not sure how good they are. Please respond urgently as there is not much time left:(...my mistake leaving this too late..
Tinkers

Re: mock exams suitable for kendrick

Post by Tinkers »

As for mocks, if your DD is sitting next month I'm not sure you'll find anything this late on.
However panic not. My DD didn't even do one and was fine. :D it is not the end of the world if she hasn't done one.

Get your DD to do a "mock" at home maybe. I got mine to imagine she was in a classroom at Kendrick (they sit the exam in the classrooms not the hall). We didn't keep too quiet around her. Make sure she knows coughing, sneezing, maybe even crying and (hopefully not) vomiting etc may happen and she should completely ignore it. One girl in DDs room kept asking how to do questions as she didn't know. DD was able to ignore it however I guess others will have found it distracting.

Another poster suggested doing a mock in the local library as it is quiet, but there is enough going on around to add a little distraction for them to learn to avoid and it is not their normal environment.
desimom

Post by desimom »

Thanks Tinkers.
We have done a mock at Harrow, DD said it was okay, but we were not impressed by the scores (!). However it has helped identifying some of her weak areas and we are now working on them. I just want to do one more mock specific to Kendrick to get a feel of how we are placed ..
As to getting a 'feel' - DD has always worked at dining table with her little sister creating all sorts of 'exam like' conditions - coughing, sneezing, crying, etc (not vomiting though!) :lol:
I have booked her at one of the mock exams from a very well reputed 11plus tuition I found online . Let's see how it goes.
Denny

Post by Denny »

I'm looking for a good mock for my son, who will be taking the exam next year. I understand the Kendrick and Reading exam are the same or at least similar.

Thanks
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now