Fingers crossed for Thursday

Discussion and advice on Sixth Form matters

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
moved

Fingers crossed for Thursday

Post by moved »

Be they AS or A2, I hope you and yours get what they are hoping for...

I've got the starch ready for the stiff upper lip!
muffinmonster

Re: Fingers crossed for Thursday

Post by muffinmonster »

Thanks, moved. It's touch and go whether DD will make her offer, so I am working hard on my positive face. :D
Guest55

Post by Guest55 »

Good luck from me too ...

Spare a thought for the staff that have to get in early to get the paper results ready for the students at 9am. It can be quite stressful dealing with lots of students and parents.

It is easier these days to go on track first to see whther your offer has been confirmed before you go into school. Some boards publish results online ...

Check you know about priority remarks and don't ask for a paper back as you can't then query the marking - go for a photocopy and get teachers to mark from the mark scheme if there is time.
copella

Post by copella »

Thanks for the good wishes. Have been trying to keep it out of my mind but am trying to stay positive no matter what the result. What will be will be and we will have to manage whatever comes our way.

Good luck to all other AS and A level waiters. Fingers crossed that you get what you want.
Warks mum

Post by Warks mum »

Spare a thought for the staff that have to get in early to get the paper results ready for the students at 9am.
9am? That sounds like a lie-in! There giving out A2 results from 7am here! I dread to think what time the teachers have to get up to do the paperwork and prepare themselves mentally for the onslaught.

Nevertheless, whatever time they start - the dedication of the teachers never ceases to amaze me.
scary mum

Post by scary mum »

Gulp
scary mum
Guest55

Post by Guest55 »

We can't get the results before they arrive!

So we go in around 7.30 am - not physically possible to do it any earlier and there is no point until track opens. Students could worry without reason if they've dropped a grade and still got in.
Warks mum

Post by Warks mum »

Ah - perhaps they are starting earlier as not everyone is reliant on UCAS Track. There are a fair number of unconditional offers around this year!

Oops - just re-read the letter and seen it's 7.30am for students not 7am.... :oops:
Guest55

Post by Guest55 »

What is the point in going in so early if you've got an unconditional offer!

http://qualifications.pearson.com/en/su ... irect.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Edexcel results are online if the school has signed up for it.
moved

Post by moved »

We have 10.30 and 11.30 times but fortunately only waiting for AS here, although DD is fairly stressed...
DS appears to be ignoring it totally apart from when DD mentions it.

Edited.
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now