New Year 7 CRGS Parents - Beating the Holiday Boredom

Eleven Plus (11+) in Essex

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

Nikkibeak

New Year 7 CRGS Parents - Beating the Holiday Boredom

Post by Nikkibeak »

My DS is already moaning about being bored :roll: and is keen to meet up and 'do stuff' with other new Year 7 boys. Needless to say he didn't exchange any contact details for anybody in his new class or ask if anybody would like to do anything over the hols.

Is there anybody else maybe interested in meeting up for a couple of games of bowling or perhaps a session at Jump Street? Obviously parents welcome too we can have a cuppa and a chat while they get on with it. My DS is in 7G but he'll be happy to meet up and make friends with any other classes. It would be nice if we could get a little group together.
Stark99

Re: New Year 7 CRGS Parents - Beating the Holiday Boredom

Post by Stark99 »

My son would be interested in meeting up, if you are still interested feel free to PM me. Would be nice to meet other mums too, we don't know any other parents with boys starting. Thanks!
Nikkibeak

Post by Nikkibeak »

Stark99 wrote:My son would be interested in meeting up, if you are still interested feel free to PM me. Would be nice to meet other mums too, we don't know any other parents with boys starting. Thanks!
Hi Stark99, I've PM'd you :D

There's a handful of us now meeting on a couple of different dates due to holidays. I was chatting with Fausto who is a very lovely and helpful lady, who has a DS in year 8 and she said that it will be really useful for us parents to get together and know each other as a support group, homework buddies, texting to ask what the homework was when DS has forgotten etc. She said that's what they have done and it has been invaluable and they get together every so often for a girls night out. Sounds like a great idea to me. Especially as we won't meet parents at the school gates anymore.

Anymore parents want to join us? Feel free to PM me :D
cusp

Post by cusp »

Is anyone going to be travelling in from the Braintree/Dunmow/Stortford area .. A120? We'll be driving that way and it would be good to share journeys &/or petrol costs.

Uniform ordered now ... bound to have forgotten something!

A few forms left to do ... including donations. How much I wonder ...
Nikkibeak

Post by Nikkibeak »

cusp wrote:Is anyone going to be travelling in from the Braintree/Dunmow/Stortford area .. A120? We'll be driving that way and it would be good to share journeys &/or petrol costs.

Uniform ordered now ... bound to have forgotten something!

A few forms left to do ... including donations. How much I wonder ...
I don't know of anybody from that area yet but I'm sure there will be someone. I had to laugh at the amount suggested for the donation :lol: it was laugh or run and hide under a bush rocking backwards and forwards!
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now