Silly question - but needs answer

Eleven Plus (11+) in Surrey (Sutton, Kingston and Wandsworth)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
oberoijasleen

Silly question - but needs answer

Post by oberoijasleen »

Hi,

I know this is silly question and must have been asked and replied many times....

We have Sutton SET on 16th September and I am assuming 2000+ children sitting this first round(boys and girls). Can anyone please explain how the children are selected for the second round out of this.

I know about Wallington boys not going in for second round. But my DD will be preparing for Nonsuch and Walli girls ...if she clears the first round :roll: :roll:

Is there any set number of children who go to round two or is it any cut off score. ???????

Please help...

Thanks
Jas
tiffinboys

Re: Silly question - but needs answer

Post by tiffinboys »

If you see last year threads, the details are there. From memory, more than 700 girls were successful at stage 1 out of nearly 1500 girls.
oberoijasleen

Post by oberoijasleen »

Looked at the old posts.... completely lost :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Some more help please.... cut off scores for Tiffin, Walli and Nonsuch pleaseee...

Any pointers on preparation will be highly appreciated :o :o :o

Thanks
Jas
tiffinboys

Post by tiffinboys »

Few days for schools to re- open. Time to relax a bit and completely recharge the batteries. 10 minutes revision papers are good enough. But if you want to, how about 2 papers in exam conditions in one go, but just once a week.
oberoijasleen

Post by oberoijasleen »

Good idea :)
Ladymuck

Post by Ladymuck »

There are 420 girls spaces in Sutton, as well as spaces in TGS, Newstead Woods, TOGS and the various independent schools, so it is very likely that again the top 700 girls from the SET will be invited to sit the second round, as the schools need to fill their places, and know that they may not always be first choice. Note that the SET score will count towards a third of the final score for Nonsuch, but only 20% of the final WHSG result. No pass mark is set ahead of time, and the schools will look at the SET results and then decide how many children to invite back taking into account the geographical spread, PP eligibility etc.

For SET I would cover the recent Level 6 SPAG papers, the GL 1-8 mc papers on maths and English, as well as the FPTP papers on maths, English and cloze. If time is short then I wouldn't slavishly do the papers, but ensure that I was concentrating on weaknesses whether this was in topics or exam technique.
tiffinboys

Post by tiffinboys »

Ladymuck wrote: If time is short then I wouldn't slavishly do the papers, but ensure that I was concentrating on weaknesses whether this was in topics or exam technique.
+1