School Preference Order Confused!

Eleven Plus (11+) in Buckinghamshire (Bucks)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
Newbie121

School Preference Order Confused!

Post by Newbie121 »

Hi everyone,
Please can someone help me on the following concern. We have a decent secondary near us however we are also doing the 11plus exam to see if DC can get into grammar. Many children from our area go to the Bucks and Slough Grammars. Now assume DC passes, we would choose a Bucks school in the hope they get in and put that school as choice 1. Perhaps another Bucks school at choice 2, or a Slough school (assuming DC passes). Now say we put our local secondary on as choice 6 incase we do not allocated any of the grammars. Now will someone else who has put our local secondary in at preference 1 but lives much further away than us (distance/catchment is a criteria for this school), will they get allocated the school place at the secondary over us? Obviously I am assuming we do not get our 1st to 5th choice of grammars.
Hopefully I make some sense :oops: :cry:
Thanks.
Guest55

Re: School Preference Order Confused!

Post by Guest55 »

The schools don't know where you have put them. If your child does not qualify for any GS then they 'drop out' of your choices and the non-GS become top.

Put the schools in the order you want them - see 'myths and legends' thread. :)
Tinkers

Post by Tinkers »

The order you put them in has no effect on whether you get a place.

In your scenario, even if you put the school sixth, if you don't get a place at any of those schools you put 1-5, you will get a place ahead of those below you in admission criteria.

Golden rule
Put the schools on the CAF in Your preferred order. If you don't get your first choice, your second choice automatically becomes your first choice etc.
Newbie121

Post by Newbie121 »

Thank you everyone :)
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now