school bus to AGSB

Eleven Plus (11+) in Trafford

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
wilmslowmum

school bus to AGSB

Post by wilmslowmum »

Can anyone help, panic setting in as I don't know where my Ds should get the bus home from school he will be travelling back to HEALD GREEN but I don't seem to know where he picks up the bus after school or even where is the best place to get off in the mornings. DS is so dilatory he will probably get on the first bus which comes his way! Thank you in advance.
AGSB old boy

Re: school bus to AGSB

Post by AGSB old boy »

Hi Wilmslowmum.
My DS will be starting Yr7 on Monday too. We live in Cheadle Hulme so he and your DS will be getting the same bus! In the morning you can get on it on Finney Lane either opposite Chutney, or opposite the row of shops which is next to the Catholic Church, or alternatively just after Heald Green library. The earlier on the route he gets on the better the chance of a seat. He should get off with all the other AGSB'ers near the end of Hale Road - the bus will stop just after it goes over a little bridge (he'll know to get off as every other boy gets off there). Coming home it's the same in reverse - get on right near the little bridge over the railway (on the other side of the road though!) and get off either at the Heald Green shops or at the small row of shops next to the Catholic Church or at Chutney. In the morning it leaves the stop near the Heald Green library at abt. 7:45 and coming home it leaves the Hale Road stop at between 15:45 and 15:50.

Hope this helps, and hope all goes well for you and your DS on Monday...!! :D

p.s. Watch out - when AGGS isn't in the bus doesn't run. Grrr :x
wilmslowmum

Post by wilmslowmum »

Thank you for that I feel better knowing where he gets on the bus after school! My DD went to Loreto all the buses waited outside the school which was much easier. I am sure our Ds's will know each other before to long! My Ds is in 7ck. Incidently do the boys buy the weekly ticket on the bus? Still waiting for the igo card as we had to get the school to stamp it as we dont live in Greater Manchester, just 5 mins up the road from Heald Green! Good Luck to your DS for Monday.
AGSB old boy

Post by AGSB old boy »

Thanks! My DS is in 7EL but yes, I'm sure they'll get to know each other quickly - bus banter! You can get the weekly or monthly passes from any shops that do "Paypoint" - our local Co-op and local Asda both do it. Not sure if you can get them on the bus though. The monthly pass is better value, so long as he gets the bus most of the time.

Fingers crossed for a happy Monday for both our DS's...
TIDDLYMUM

Post by TIDDLYMUM »

Hi AGSB old boy! So you have a year 7 and one starting in sixth form! Can you believe our eldest are actually going into sixth form and will be wearing a suit tomorrow! It's gone so fast! Wilmslow mum, best if luck for your son, I am sure he will enjoy it!
AGSB old boy

Post by AGSB old boy »

Hi TM!

You're right. It seems like no time since my oldest was sitting the exam - 6 years have just disappeared. It's times like this that remind you how quickly time can go... I'm glad we don't have to go through the exam again though. Kind of.

Yes, the suit. The suit/shirt/shoes saga's been going on all summer. It was easier when the only choice was whether to buy a blazer that roughly fits, or buy one that might fit in about a year.
TIDDLYMUM

Post by TIDDLYMUM »

:lol: we only got suits last Thursday! Shirts Friday! And he is wearing shoes that his dad bought got a black tie do 10 years ago!!!! They might be vintage!
LooniesMum2

Post by LooniesMum2 »

I may never need to know ........... but.......... does anyone know if the bus stops on Turves Road/Etchells Road in Cheadle Hulme (perhaps near the Ryecroft Arms opposite the shops??) before it goes on to Heald Green (near the Griffin)?

Just so I can theorise and ruminate a bit longer :D
LooniesMum2

Post by LooniesMum2 »

Ok, so we are a tiny step nearer to needing to know an answer to my question!

Anyone know if the bus stops on Turves Road/Etchells Road (between Cheadle/Cheadle Hulme and its known stop at The Griffin in Heald Green..........?

LM2
wilmslowmum

Post by wilmslowmum »

Hi Looniesmum2, Firstly congratulations upon your DC passing the exam. I am most certain that the bus does stop on Etchells Road, my DS gets on at the top end of Heald Green but he has a friend who gets on near Cheadle Hulme.
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now