no longer lurking !!

Eleven Plus (11+) in Warwickshire

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

veryproud135

no longer lurking !!

Post by veryproud135 »

Well, after viewing the forum over the last couple of yrs I have finally found the courage to join :) This has clearly got everything to do with my first (of a possible 3) 11 plus experiences being on saturday :shock: Everyone appears so helpful I hope I fit in haha xx
Yamin151

Re: no longer lurking !!

Post by Yamin151 »

Welcome to the forum! And good luck to your dc!
quasimodo

Post by quasimodo »

Good luck.Nice to hear from you. :)
In the end, it's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years.

Abraham Lincoln
veryproud135

Post by veryproud135 »

Thanks :) We are just outside the eastern priority area and will be taking the test in Nuneaton - i have no idea how many dc's will be there ?? Ds1 doesnt seem bothered and as he could be the only one at his primary taking the test it wont be the main topic of conversation once they go back 2moro xx
Bob1892

Post by Bob1892 »

Any other lurkers out there? It might help your stress levels to let off some steam by posting. Believe me - it's doing me a world of good :D
JamesDean

Post by JamesDean »

No stress here, but good to meet you VP135. Not many Easterners about I'm afraid - FatNorville, Ginx, where are you??

JD
Eccentric

Post by Eccentric »

Welcome - I would not have got my Dd through without the forum. I am sure it will be equally helpful for you.
veryproud135

Post by veryproud135 »

I guess at the weekend everyone will be back on here again ! Glad DS1 is a heavy sleeper, he needs his rest this week and have a 6yr old who has been trying to get up for school since 4.15 :(
ginx

Post by ginx »

James Dean, I am here! Not lurking as much as I used to.

I have a ds taking the 11+ next year so I am interested. I must think about doing some work with ds, but I'm not sure. Our catchment school used to be a good comp., but this year many children did not get in, so I feel I ought to make an effort and do something.

Ds is a borderline kind of boy. Sporty, competitive, but lazy. Some of his friends have been having tutoring for years, the mums didn't tell me, the boys told ds.

So I'm thinking of you and it's always nice to meet somebody, so I'm pleased to meet you too, VP135. Those could be my initials!!!!! But obviously aren't.

I don't know where Fatnorville has gone, I think he has another dc to sit the 11+, I'm not sure.

Just not many of us from East Warwickshire, I wish there were more.

Good luck to everyone.
Rugbylady13

Post by Rugbylady13 »

Hi. We live in Rugby and my dd is taking her test on Saturday at Ashlawn School. She is quite nervous and worried but we are not talking about the test at all this week so she can enjoy the start of year 6. I've also for her down to do the MFL at Ashlawn the following week.
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now