Preparing for kendrick, Slough, bucks ...sep 2016

Eleven Plus (11+) in Berkshire (Berks)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
Grk

Preparing for kendrick, Slough, bucks ...sep 2016

Post by Grk »

Hi all, My Ds is in year 5 now, preparing for sep 2016 exam. Pls suggest me how do I start preparing? Any past papers, websites, books.. Thanks.
Is anyone of urs preparing too this year?
BlueSmarties

Re: Preparing for kendrick, Slough, bucks ...sep 2016

Post by BlueSmarties »

So is it for Kendrick, Slough schools or Bucks schools? Because there is NO POINT in sitting for Kendrick (or even just checking the box on the form) if you are not in catchment by June 2016. There are more than plenty of in-catchment girls to fill the school twice over. Sorry to be harsh. (Can the same be said for Bucks or Slough? Someone better informed will hopefully come along soon.)

Bond, CGP do CEM style practise books, encourage your daughter to read lots and build up her vocabulary. This website :wink: has lots of useful information... have you had a look at the "preparation" section?
sonasona

Post by sonasona »

It is possible to be in the catchment for both Bucks and Berks schools.
Tinkers

Post by Tinkers »

I think there is a small area of overlap in catchments but not much.

Blue smarties is correct that you need to be in catchment for Kendrick when you apply for the test next June, otherwise you are not counted as being in catchment and stand no chance of a place.

I think some of the Slough schools have places for ooc children, but I'm not familiar enough with them to be able to state them here.

I don't know much about Bucks schools, but there is some useful info in the Bucks Forum about allocation of places.
http://www.elevenplusexams.co.uk/forum/ ... 12&t=41421" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I suggest you look at the various school admissions policies for each school you are interested in and make a judgement on whether you stand any chance of a place.

Also consider the journey time your DD will have and/or whether you need to relocate. There's not much point applying to a school that DD is going to really struggle to get to.
berks_mum

Post by berks_mum »

I think the OP may have mentioned all these schools because the test is same across the schools.
Tinkers

Post by Tinkers »

Bucks test is different to the combined Kendrick/Reading/Slough one, although they are all CEM.
Grk

Post by Grk »

Thank u all for the info.. I'm in a catchment for kendrick. Can we get CEM style books from whsmith?
Tinkers

Post by Tinkers »

Last time I looked at WHS for books, Kendrick were still doing the old GL exam, so I have no clue what they have. (They also advised a friend that she needed maths and English for Kendrick, which while true now, wasn't at the time. :shock: )

However you may find what you are looking for here.

http://www.elevenplusexams.co.uk/shop/CEM-11-PLUS/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Grk

Post by Grk »

Thank u Tinkers....
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now