Just in case you're stressed the night before the exam...

Discussion of the 11 Plus

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
RedVelvet

Just in case you're stressed the night before the exam...

Post by RedVelvet »

The letter advising us what to bring contains this helpful sentence:

Please ensure that your daughter brings a drink and a snack in a clear plastic bag which is labelled with her name (shown on the top of this letter).

Made me smile.

Best wishes to all.
ToadMum

Re: Just in case you're stressed the night before the exam..

Post by ToadMum »

RedVelvet wrote:The letter advising us what to bring contains this helpful sentence:

Please ensure that your daughter brings a drink and a snack in a clear plastic bag which is labelled with her name (shown on the top of this letter).

Made me smile.

Best wishes to all.
And if they have managed to send you someone else's letter by mistake, do you label the snack with that name instead???
Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.Groucho Marx
Minesatea

Post by Minesatea »

If I labelled DS2's with his own name he probably wouldn't realise it was his, he is so used to most of his kit having one or other of his siblings names in it :oops:
ToadMum

Post by ToadMum »

Minesatea wrote:If I labelled DS2's with his own name he probably wouldn't realise it was his, he is so used to most of his kit having one or other of his siblings names in it :oops:
:lol:

I used to think a friend who just labelled her 3 DC's clothes with their surname was a bit lazy.

Stress is on used to...
Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.Groucho Marx
Stokers

Post by Stokers »

That made me laugh, Minesatea and ToadMum. I now advise all first time 'school' parents to buy labels with surname only so they're good for all children! I learnt this to my cost - am now stuck with hundreds of sew on labels (first time mum = good intentions!) for DS1 and now just write surnames on everything with a marker!
RedVelvet

Post by RedVelvet »

I think I learnt this on here, this is what we do. Surname labels on everything. Then in sharpie one dot on the label for child one, two for child two etc. we even sometimes dot similar non-school items. With similar sized children it's stopped the 'he's wearing my shirt' arguments.

Off to label my child in case she forgets her name.
Tolstoy

Post by Tolstoy »

Alway been just surname in this household until last year when youngest had to have a new uniform. For once I invested in iron on labels and he was able to have his full name.

Never again most of the cursed things have fallen off :evil: Back to biro in this household. :lol:
Minesatea

Post by Minesatea »

Off topic story, while we are on labelling: the biggest laugh caused by my (and a friends) failure to relabel clothing came at a scout camp last year attended my ds1(young leader), ds2 with cubs and a friends 6 year old beaver, who, it turned out, were all wearing uniform labelled with DS1's name! The scout leaders confusion, when he handed a selection of mislaid uniform back to DS1 (age 16, 5ft 11) at the end of the weekend was apparently hysterical.
hermanmunster

Post by hermanmunster »

Minesatea wrote:Off topic story, while we are on labelling: the biggest laugh caused by my (and a friends) failure to relabel clothing came at a scout camp last year attended my ds1(young leader), ds2 with cubs and a friends 6 year old beaver, who, it turned out, were all wearing uniform labelled with DS1's name! The scout leaders confusion, when he handed a selection of mislaid uniform back to DS1 (age 16, 5ft 11) at the end of the weekend was apparently hysterical.
:lol: :lol: been a hot day at primary and all the jumpers came off. DS came out at the end of the day with 3 - his own, his sisters and that of a friend who had borrowed an old one as leaving at the end of the term... well at least they all got back to us
RedVelvet

Post by RedVelvet »

My daughter now knows, as do the school, that any uniform labelled with an ex-pupils name belongs to us!

I remember all my uniform labelled with sewn-in tags with my first middle and surname! Must ave taken my mum ages.
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now