Good luck to all our babies today

Eleven Plus (11+) in Gloucestershire (Glos)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

turtleglos

Good luck to all our babies today

Post by turtleglos »

Just that really. Dd is nervous this morning but calm. I think we have everything ready although I set 3 alarms to wake up just so we are not late :? :lol: hope yours are all ok.
Everyone is a genius, but if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will think it is stupid.
RedVelvet

Re: Good luck to all our babies today

Post by RedVelvet »

Hope everyone stays nice and calm this morning. Personally this is our third and final 11+, some wine may be drunk tonight.
Tolstoy

Post by Tolstoy »

Best wishes to all of you. :)
cazien

Post by cazien »

Left DD at HSFG in tears :( but two fab girls are talking to her and a.n.other who was also in tears :( Saw a few Mums with watery eyes as well. Counting down the minutes until midday :!:
steppemum

Post by steppemum »

YEAH it is OVER.

So pleased to be finished. How did everyone get on?

dd said the questions were easier than the CPG book tests we have been doing which gives me hope. (because she was doing very badly on them in practice.)

How was your dd when you picked her up cazien?
cazien

Post by cazien »

She was VERY relieved it was all over - hasn't really said much, just that it was "hard in places and easy in others, answered every question but guessed at least 25" :o . Just glad she guessed and didn't leave any blank answers. Taking family to a restaurant tonight, probably a big bonfire with all books and papers happening tomorrow :lol:

We have been using Bond books and DD said she found majority of question easier than those too.

She has convinced herself she is not good enough for a GS and resigned to going to a comp (which will make results day a lot easier to handle).Only a month to go until the next dreaded day!
turtleglos

Post by turtleglos »

Dd missed 15 overall. Fingers crossed now.
Everyone is a genius, but if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will think it is stupid.
warden

Post by warden »

Hi - without giving anything away - how do we all feel it went today?
DD seem to come through it relatively unscathed - had a good stab at most questions but random guessed @ 5. Much of what we had practiced didn't crop up (as far as I can tell) so that is a worry. She sat at Pates and whilst busy no major problems as far as I know apart from the occasional obnoxious parent!

Can't change anything now so time to get on with the rest of my life!

Meanwhile, thanks for all the posts/help etc over the last few months - been an amazing help.
css

Post by css »

Glad it is all over. DS sat at Tommy riches and no signs of major trauma for any of the children which is nice. He said it was easy in some parts and a few hard questions. Overall he reckon he guessed at about 20 out of an estimated 220 questions, but he seemed to enjoy the process.
Flash

Post by Flash »

DS sat at Pates which seemed to run very smoothly. He came out really calm and happy. He said it was fine and he randomly guessed 6 questions in one section he ran out of time on.

Glad it is finally over and our last time! What will be will be. :D