Books for verbal reasoning

Advice on 11 Plus VR papers and problems

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

Pinky

Books for verbal reasoning

Post by Pinky »

You won't know me, so hi!

Does anyone know of any good verbal reasoning books? Obviously I know of some but is there any anybody would specially recommend? Thanks
Mike

Post by Mike »

Hi Pinky

There is a free methods and techniques course written by The Tutors that you can download from the free downloads section of this site. This covers all 21 types commonly used in NFER set tests.

IPS also cover all 21 question types in their methods and technique course, their book can be purchased from the Book Shop on this site.

Then there are a number of authors including The Tutors and IPS that write question papers. Susan Daughtery is probably the most popular, after NFER, with her Bright Sparks series. AFN, PHI and Walsh are the other main publishers. All these authors offer their publication for sale on this site, with some good discounts.

You may also wish to have a look at the interactive CD section of the site where you will find free Demos written by The Tutors, Tuition for You and Learning Together.

Regards

Mike
patricia

Post by patricia »

Dear Pinky

You have also asked on another thread for a list of VR questions?

We can only give you sound advice if we know which area/school you are applying for. For example Bond would not be applicable to areas which use Nfer. The Cds, only The Tutors are applicable to NFER tests.

Patricia
Pinky

Thanks

Post by Pinky »

Patricia/Mike,

Thank you very much for your help on the question types. I found both very helpful.

Just to tell you I am wanting to apply for Parkstone Grammar, Dorset.
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now