Thanks
NoBigDeal1

Re: When can we discuss tests

Post by NoBigDeal1 »

Surely now!
hermanmunster

Post by hermanmunster »

I don't know the Kent situation but in some parts of the country there are late tests which may use the same test. Best not to discuss until we find out the answer from one of the local experts
Moderators

Post by Moderators »

Forum rules & guidance seem very clear, in particular the FAQs, no. 13. (See below.)

Moderators cannot be expected to know when it is safe to post in every single admission authority. Local members sometimes suggest completely different dates, so we have to err on the side of caution.

In some areas late testing goes on into August.

• 13. "Can I post information about 11+ test content (e.g. questions my child can recall), or request such information?"
      Remember that there may well be sessions for late sitters. As a responsible forum we will not allow anything to be posted that might prejudice the integrity of the test.
      No one should be revealing any aspect of test content unless a moderator has agreed.
      Evidence that it is safe to post should be clear and beyond doubt (e.g. in writing from an authoritative source).
      Copyright must be respected.

http://www.elevenplusexams.co.uk/forum/ ... 90#p346290" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

susanass

Post by susanass »

I don't understand how there are no leaks anyway with regards to the test for late sitters. I have spoken to 2 different mums in the school who's dc's haven't even sat the test this year and they knew details regarding timings, difficulty, etc. by talking to other mums! :shock: Don't see how KCC are that naive that they don't believe late sitters or even OOC's will not be able to hear details of the test, which clearly would give them an advantage above the rest, regardless of whether it has been posted on forums or not.
antsymum

Post by antsymum »

I think providing none of us mentioned specific questions this is fine. But I think everyone I have spoken to thought ................... [Edited by moderator]
..... was more difficult than anything they had seen before! any other think the same?
RajeevKumar

Post by RajeevKumar »

susanass wrote:I don't understand how there are no leaks anyway with regards to the test for late sitters. I have spoken to 2 different mums in the school who's dc's haven't even sat the test this year and they knew details regarding timings, difficulty, etc. by talking to other mums! :shock: Don't see how KCC are that naive that they don't believe late sitters or even OOC's will not be able to hear details of the test, which clearly would give them an advantage above the rest, regardless of whether it has been posted on forums or not.
That's right ........ however everyone should strive to make tests fair.
Last1973

Post by Last1973 »

What date is final test
mystery

Post by mystery »

Good question - because if nobody knows it won't be possible to discuss it until the end of the school year!
salsa

Post by salsa »

Does anybody know of any late sitters taking the test? Maybe they could ask when they are talking it?
Also, do we know for certain it will be the same test?
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now