|Headteacher's reports

Independent Schools as an alternative to Grammar

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

zorro

|Headteacher's reports

Post by zorro »

Hi,
Does anyone know if we are allowed to see the report sent to independent schools from our child's primary school?
Enter Dad...

Post by Enter Dad... »

I asked my Dd to ask her class/head teacher if we could see the report. I would assume that we are entitled to see it since the report is about them. She forgot to ask last week, but promised to ask today. I'll find out today if she did.

Shall keep you posted.
zorro

headmasters report

Post by zorro »

thanks very much-much appreciated!
nshan

Re: |Headteacher's reports

Post by nshan »

zorro wrote:Hi,
Does anyone know if we are allowed to see the report sent to independent schools from our child's primary school?
Last year I tried our school they said it is confidiential. :(
zorro

headmasters report

Post by zorro »

I don't understand that when it's your child they are writing about! The reports play a very important part of the selection process so it would be useful to know if you can improve anything.
Enter Dad...

Post by Enter Dad... »

Dd asked her teacher who said that she would ask the head teacher for a copy.

Am not holding too much hope of obtaining a copy though it would be nice to see what was written in the report.
Torrylee

Post by Torrylee »

We applied to two independent schools last year. My son's primary school were very helpful and showed me the reference they had written before it was sent so that I could comment! I was happy with what had been said but a friend at the same school was less pleased by what had been written about her own son. She made an appointment with the Headteacher who agreed to make improvements to the reference. In particular the Mum felt that her son's musical achievements had not been fairly reflected (they had simply said that he hadn't taken any exams in the instrument he learnt) and they had described him as a 'loner', which the Mum felt to be an unnecessarily negative and unfair comment.

I do have some sympathy with schools, they need to offer a fair reflection of the child in the reference but then risk incurring the wrath of a disappointed parent if the contents are released to them and they do not like what has been said.
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now