Adams Results

Eleven Plus (11+) in Birmingham, Walsall, Wolverhampton and Wrekin

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
tvgirl

Adams Results

Post by tvgirl »

Hi All,

I'm a part time poster but hoping you might be able to help!

I got the letter from Adam's today saying (thank goodness!) that my son 'would benefit from a grammar school education' but absolutely no further information. Is there any way to find out what the 'yes/no' mark was (I'm sure they said they would include that but they haven't) and what my son's score is? Telford & Wrekin Council have said they don't get given the info..

Any help much appreciated and good luck to everyone else waiting for letters :D :D :D :D
MSD

Re: Adams Results

Post by MSD »

Does the letter say they will be happy to offer you a place? They did this 3 years ago - if the child comfortably made the cut-off, no scores were given out.

I thought all Walsall consortium schools were meant to report in the same way and provide scores this year, whether high or low.
MSD

Post by MSD »

You can send a written request to school under data protection act. They have to furnish the information within 40 days from the date of request.
onebigdilemma

Post by onebigdilemma »

Last year you got given sons score and score of lowest in the previous year.
Petitpois

Post by Petitpois »

Interesting some getting generic letters whilst others getting scores. Didnt think it would be like that
tvgirl

Post by tvgirl »

MSD wrote:Does the letter say they will be happy to offer you a place? They did this 3 years ago - if the child comfortably made the cut-off, no scores were given out.

I thought all Walsall consortium schools were meant to report in the same way and provide scores this year, whether high or low.
No. They are very clear that the letter is not an offer. It simply says that my son "will benefit from a g rammar school education". In other words it means he has passed the exam and achieved their cut-off mark, but there is no info about what the cut-off is or what his score is and it says in bold that there will be no further information available from the school. It's very frustrating!!

I think what happens now is that they apply the catchment area and so my son drops into the bottom part (we are about a mile outside catchment on the wrong side to have any other options open to us :( :( ) and so we have to hope his score is very high to have a chance.

I'm really not enjoying this process!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Bob1892

Post by Bob1892 »

Strange- you would have thought the consortium would have a standard Letter. Giving the score surely should have been the minimum info provided?
Then again the communication within the consortium wasn't great re: when results were going to be posted :roll:
I'm not sure Walsall/wolves consortium merging with the brum one is such a great idea??
Petitpois

Post by Petitpois »

So the other letter says it not probable that your son / daughter would benefit. Scores seem less judgemental and clearer against cut off
tvgirl

Post by tvgirl »

Petitpois wrote:So the other letter says it not probable that your son / daughter would benefit. Scores seem less judgemental and clearer against cut off
Yep - one says "your son will benefit from" and other says "your son will not benefit from". Delightful, eh??
MSD

Post by MSD »

tvgirl wrote:
MSD wrote:Does the letter say they will be happy to offer you a place? They did this 3 years ago - if the child comfortably made the cut-off, no scores were given out.

No. They are very clear that the letter is not an offer. It simply says that my son "will benefit from a g rammar school education". In other words it means he has passed the exam and achieved their cut-off mark, but there is no info about what the cut-off is or what his score is and it says in bold that there will be no further information available from the school. It's very frustrating!!

I think what happens now is that they apply the catchment area and so my son drops into the bottom part (we are about a mile outside catchment on the wrong side to have any other options open to us :( :( ) and so we have to hope his score is very high to have a chance.

I'm really not enjoying this process!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Fire off a request under data protection!
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now