In the final straight ...

Eleven Plus (11+) in Dorset

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
thescribe

In the final straight ...

Post by thescribe »

So we're mere days away from the test now and I am so tense you'd think I was sitting the thing! (I'm not letting my son see this!)

What's done is done and it's too late to do anything more now. He did a test maths paper yesterday and got 80% which I was disappointed about (again didn't show him!) as about four of the mistakes were really silly ones. This is something I've been trying hard to work with him on but it doesn't seem to have helped.

If he scores 80% on all papers on the day I have no idea if it will be enough to pass, but I suspect not. :-(

Still, this is something he is adamant he wants to do so all I can do now is support him and let him know that whatever happens, he's a superstar to me! <3
Ripcurlrana

Re: In the final straight ...

Post by Ripcurlrana »

Hi thescribe

I can appreciate how you're feeling, it's been a bumpy journey for all of us! As far as his marks are concerned I can't really comment if he'll pass, as it will depend how everyone performs on the day.

Like you, I am proud of my son whatever happens. They will be the same little boys at midday on Saturday as they are today. As I've said to my son all he can do his try his best.

Good luck to you and your son for Saturday. It will be a long morning for us parents!!
Twinmumdorch

Post by Twinmumdorch »

If it's any consolation neither of my twins have scored this highly on a maths practice paper. They have in English and one has scored over 80% in the verbal reasoning whilst the other has hit the 70's.
I have no idea what sort of marks will be needed and I have just encouraged them to keep up their speed and not miss any out as every mark counts.
They have taken it in their stride and I don't think they are too anxious as they know that they might both meet the standard and still not get in as we are out of catchment.
Ripcurlrana

Post by Ripcurlrana »

Phew.....all over! How did your boys felt it went today?
Apa

Post by Apa »

Hi. My daughter ran out of time for maths paper at the end so she had to guess last couple of answers. She found English little difficult but VR very easy.
Anyone else found the same?
Ripcurlrana

Post by Ripcurlrana »

My son found a couple of the maths questions tricky but the rest was good.
jackieg

Post by jackieg »

my son found maths hard as well, had to guess last few answers. Normally his best subject as has some 90% scores in practice. Must have been a hard paper I think/hope. VR was easy and English easier than anticipated. Would love to hear from anyone else as now panicking about the Maths paper :(
Ripcurlrana

Post by Ripcurlrana »

My son also said English was easier than practice paper, VR always been an easy one for him. Just maths had him a little stumped, but did them in the end.
Last edited by Ripcurlrana on Sat Sep 26, 2015 4:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
thescribe

Post by thescribe »

Yep my son said English and VR were fine and he finished in time but that the maths was tough and he had to guess tge last few q's too :?
Twinmumdorch

Post by Twinmumdorch »

My twins gave me two sets of feedback of course!
Twin 1 said she finished English with 15 mins to go but there were more questions than they had done in practice sessions. She finished VR with 1 minute to go and finished the Maths with 2 minutes to go.

Twin 2 said English and verbal reasoning were "easy" which makes me feel worried but that Maths was hard and she didn't finish the paper and had two unanswered questions.

I don't know what to make of it really. The waiting begins...........