Applying from outside the LA

Eleven Plus (11+) in Bexley and Bromley

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
voyager_ind

Applying from outside the LA

Post by voyager_ind »

Hi Parents, we live in Canary wharf (Tower Hamlets LA) and my DD is taking the selective tests in Bexley and Bromley schools ! Once the results are out, would anyone know of the pre-requisites for me to apply for the grammar schools and timelines in which you are expected to 'move inside' the LA.

Help would be appreciated.

Cheers, Nik
PettswoodFiona

Re: Applying from outside the LA

Post by PettswoodFiona »

Depends on score and which school. Bexley if you get top 180, no distance requirement. If regular pass then it goes on oversubscription criteria and distance matters. It would be a bit of a mad scramble if they pass and you need a rapid move. For Bromley, St Olaves have no distance criteria it is score only. Newstead has a nine mile criteria and I gather you can only sit the test if inside the 9 miles. You submit the SIF to apply to sit the tests in the summer before they start at secondary. Whilst the SCAF is submitted at end of October some address changes are taken into account and there are cut offs. Check each borough's timeline on their moving onto secondary booklet eg http://www.bromley.gov.uk/downloads/fil ... 15_booklet" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;. Bexley have a similar one but I don't have the link to hand.
voyager_ind

Post by voyager_ind »

Thanks for your reply - does help. I will reach outto the respective LAs to find further details. I would eagerly now for the results :)
MerlinFromCamelot

Post by MerlinFromCamelot »

I believe you have until the 8th December to change address.

Have a look at the Bexley Admissions brochure on page 13.

http://www.bexley.gov.uk/CHttpHandler.ashx?id=1901&p=0" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I hope the link works.
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now