Altrincham Grammar School Boys - Results

Eleven Plus (11+) in Trafford

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
workerbee

Altrincham Grammar School Boys - Results

Post by workerbee »

I have been wondering the likely postal date for the results and convincing myself its likely to be 16th October (Friday). i am pretty certain that the results have arrived on the Saturday these past few years, and think that surely the GS would want 2 delivery opportunities Saturday/Monday. This would remove the need for paniced parents to call admissions after day 1 if their post hadn't arrived. Also for those families with 2 working parents or a single parent family who works its a long wait on Monday knowing the result is sat behind the door.

The exam itself went as well as possible for my son, he finished but founds elements on the VR and Maths tricky so impossible to guess a likely raw score. Even then whats the point because after standardisation the raw score is pretty meaningless. Still I am sure it is a game we play kicking the possibilites around our heads.

A conclusion i have come to however, is that despite the mythical 85%-90% requirement that gets thrown out there, i just can't see the maths paper at this level. I think we might be suprised if we were ever to see the real data, i suspect the average score is closer to 60%-70%, therefore close to 80% would earn really good points.

How we torture ourselves! Funnily enough my son has jetisoned all thoughts of the exam and moved on, which is great for him.
miltonkeynes

Re: Altrincham Grammar School Boys - Results

Post by miltonkeynes »

Most of them arrived on that Saturday last year, certainly AGSB, SGS, St Ambrose and possibly Stretford. But when my eldest DS did it 6 years ago I remember there being a good week or 2 between results, torture!
Best of luck :wink:
TIDDLYMUM

Post by TIDDLYMUM »

Ours came midweek ( I think this was six years ago), I was glad my husband finished early that day.It was the first result to come out and we received St Ambrose later that week.

In terms of marks, I do think people exaggerate the requirements. My son was not great at NVR but very good at VR and I would say just ok at Maths-he comfortably secured an out of area place. I don't think for a minute he attained 85-90% in the exam, His GL work in his least favourite areas was in the region of 60-75 % at best.

Hope this helps. Good luck with the wait, I know its very hard.
workerbee

Post by workerbee »

Hopefully the AGBS website will post a statement regarding their intent and at the very least on the day they post them out. A little over two weeks i guess wouldn't sooner be nice, I am sure they have the data. I suspect they have some creative essays to mark for the borderline kids, this will probably take the most effort for them.
elizabethswan

Post by elizabethswan »

I emailed Alty boys to ask what date they will post the results, but they wouldn't give an exact date, she just said mid October; maybe they'll post on the 16th?
cleo

Post by cleo »

Well just over a week left before results get posted out; how is everyone feeling? Im getting that sinking feeling when I start to think about it, nerves have started to creep in now that its getting closer. :oops:

I keep thinking I need to start filling in the CAF but I'm waiting for the results to come through.
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now