percentage pass mark

Advice on 11 Plus VR papers and problems

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
allsaintsp

percentage pass mark

Post by allsaintsp »

Could any one help please. My child will be taking the 11+ 7th October 2006. I am using the NFER practice papers and scoring is currently 77 per cent. The test will be taken in the Trafford area where children have to complete three papers mathematics, verbal and non verbal reasoning. I have been informed that the pass mark is 353 but I do not know what percentage this is overall and what percentage is given to each paper to calculate the aggregate score. Does any body have an answer to this?

Post by Guest »

Maximum score for three papers would be 420 on a 'standardised' basis to take account of age differences.

A score of 353 would equate to 84% (as a standardised score)
patricia

Post by patricia »

Dear allsaintsp

Unfortunately the standardised scoring system is long winded and complex, no one can tell you what the percentage pass mark is, it varies every year depending on the cohort taking the test. An experienced tutor in your area may be able to give you a very rough idea of the percentage/raw score.

There is a dedicated section for Trafford lower down.

The following link may be useful, suggesting there is no minimum score for each of the disciplines, added together, score taken etc

http://www.trafford.gov.uk/cme/live/cme2479.htm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Patricia
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now