KE results anticipation

Eleven Plus (11+) in Birmingham, Walsall, Wolverhampton and Wrekin

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
happymom1

KE results anticipation

Post by happymom1 »

Hi all. Been waiting for ke results and very worried that dd rushed through the test. She came out and said she completed all the questions before time. Did find it easier than Walsall (got 328) in Walsall. How is it possible to finish it so early. Now I can't sleep each night thinking that she rushed through it and made silly mistakes :( . Did it happen to anyone that dc finished very quickly but still did good :?
Petitpois

Re: KE results anticipation

Post by Petitpois »

Hi Happy - you just won't know. Friends say their DC completed and performed similar to DC last year, and they attend one of the higher cut off KE.

I would be concerned if he says he had to guess at more than 50%, but if he says I worked through most and guessed at some, then he was probably playing out quite a strong exam strategy.

Some questions have up to 10 options to choose from, so that will bamboozle some kids and they'll just guess those ones, so its not A, B, C, D multi choice and it takes time to properly, have a go at those, following standard strategies e.g. elimination.

Other point is re pre exam test scores and speed, do they all all tie up. Lvl 4 Bond (10-11 and 11-12) type questions take time to think about, compared to "johnny buy two lollies for £1.25, how much change does he have from £2, which can be done by many in seconds.

The best will finish in the time for all sections (mine did on the maths, but not the others).

Hope this helps and remember it is done now, all the best, and we really hope he has smashed it when you get the results in a few weeks.

Good luck
happymom1

Post by happymom1 »

Thanks a lot petitpois for your comforting words. We did CGP books and mostly we dd was good with timing. You are right . What will be will be. Fingers crossed. Best of luck to your dc too
robin25

Post by robin25 »

Does anyone have an update on KE results as to when they are due out!!
nervousmom

Post by nervousmom »

FO are 'sticking to the script' results out first class on 16th!

I'm hoping they'll surprise us next week :?
cooljsn

Post by cooljsn »

Next time tell them it is not good enough and you need to share more information. II wantto speak to your supervisor.
One never know we might come to know more than just we are on target.
Atleast we will take out of anxiety and stress on some :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Tonythetiger

Post by Tonythetiger »

happymom - another one here worrying - my DD apparent finished it too. She normally struggles to finish the maths so the fact that she finished that is very concerning! Still...nothing we can do now but wait...! My DD didn't do the Walsall one so nothing to compare with. 328 is a great score - well done to your DD!
Petitpois

Post by Petitpois »

But Tony T, surely you of all people know that "they're grrreeaaattt! (DC that is)

My stress levels are 1 50th of what they were before results last week. It has gone a little up with realisation that Queen Mary High is not that good a Grammar and whilst WGHS sits with the best it is under financial pressure and seems to be expanding by 60 places just to bring in cash and bums on seats. mmmmmmhhh! Will have to see , what it looks like close up.

I am very cognisant that all it would have taken was a strop or similar on 1/7 and we could be looking at a very different picture. Indeed what came over DD in the King Edwards is beyond explanation, so roll on two weeks or so from now.

Where is Agent Zulky when you need her!!

http://www.education.gov.uk/cgi-bin/sch ... urn=135170" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Midlandsmom

Post by Midlandsmom »

In contrast to you PP, my stress levels have never been higher! I feel like, having done the rounds of every realistic school choice in the area over the last few weeks, I have become even more convinced that KEFW would suit my child down to the ground. However, working on a 'rough' guide that an equivalent result to Walsall in the KE exam would be 2/3rds of the Walsall score that would give my son 231 - 1 point below last years lowest score on allocation day. Thus making him very borderline and not allowing room for error. I know it's a crude calculation and not at all reliable but until I have a KE result it's all I can go off and increasing my stressed out feeling! I really hope the results come before I have a total breakdown...
Shabbo_uk

Post by Shabbo_uk »

My DCs were the total opposite. Normally their time management is great. But this time round they both missed out a huge number of questions due to lack of time. Lots of sleepless nights :cry: