11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
girlmom

My dd@s score was 298

Post by girlmom »

:( im very sad, my dds score was 298. is this enough to get in? :(
Petitpois

Re: My dd@s score was 298

Post by Petitpois »

Son or Daughter? I noticed You signed up to the forum 20 minutes ago? Do you need an urgent response? Have you been in touch with the school. Which school do you want??
quasimodo

Post by quasimodo »

girlmom wrote::( im very sad, my dds score was 298. is this enough to get in? :(

Very unlikely for the Walsall consortium based on last two years results and the results for Grammar schools generally.Hope your dd took the Birmingham Consortium exams so that there may be better news to come.
In the end, it's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years.

Abraham Lincoln
girlmom

Post by girlmom »

Petitpois wrote:Son or Daughter? I noticed You signed up to the forum 20 minutes ago? Do you need an urgent response? Have you been in touch with the school. Which school do you want??
oh sorry my daughter took the wolverhampton girls high test
Petitpois

Post by Petitpois »

Can't see it as quasimodo says. Do be aware that they are expanding places i.e. 60 new places, so that might have an impact, but people are suggesting it will be minimal.

Stick DD down, you might as well. The computer will do its thing.

What have you got to lose unless there are six fabulous comps that would take up all your six places, it won't hurt, you'll get on the waiting list, but be realistic as almost everyone else will do the same, on the hope / off chance
MSD

Post by MSD »

I thought it was 30 additional places for boys but no change for girls. When KE schools increased the places by 30, couple of years back, cut-off point came down by around 5 points on average.
Petitpois

Post by Petitpois »

Right okay. Someone needs to confirm 60 extra places at Wghs for sep 2016 intake. I would suggest those at or above 309 might be in with a stronger chance if confirmed. To note range scores have not changed much, so unless huge increase in applications 309 might make things interesting on the cut off waiting list front
MSD

Post by MSD »

Sorry PP - I was referring to 30 additional places in QM boys. I thought WHGS already have 145 - will be surprised if they increase that much further.
Last edited by MSD on Wed Sep 30, 2015 9:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Petitpois

Post by Petitpois »

There is an article from April about financial difficulties and redundancies. It says 60 more places which at £2.5k a pop is another chunk of money for them. Perhaps they upped the intake already this year
moshimoshi

Post by moshimoshi »

Are the additional spaces from larger class sizes or from employing more teachers?

You are right, though, more pupils means more school revenue.