Waiting list query

Eleven Plus (11+) in Birmingham, Walsall, Wolverhampton and Wrekin

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

Midlandsmom

Waiting list query

Post by Midlandsmom »

Hi, skipping ahead of things as the results aren't even out yet never mind allocations! However, I've been wondering about waiting lists.

If I put a KE school as first preference, but get offered my second choice, local secondary within my home LA, as I understand it my child would automatically go on waiting list for our first choice, is that right?

If so, who manages that waiting list place, I assume it's the FO, but as my home LA is not Birmingham how would an offer from the waiting list get to me? Via FO directly or FO- my home LA-me? Letter or phone call? If it's FO directly do parents then need to inform home LA that this has occurred or do they already know?!

I just like to know the order of these things, I'm sure it's not as complex as I think it might be, but I worry that when too many 'cooks' are involved in a process there's an increased chance of an error along the way...
DC1

Re: Waiting list query

Post by DC1 »

Hi,

FO will contact you by phone. I don't think my local council knows which school my DD attends. As she was offered a place at one of the KE schools first and than the other..

Hope this helps !

Cheers !
Midlandsmom

Re: Waiting list query

Post by Midlandsmom »

Yes it does, thank you!
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now