CHANNING INTERVIEWS

Independent Schools as an alternative to Grammar

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

picasso

CHANNING INTERVIEWS

Post by picasso »

My dd has been to a number of interviews over the last few days at independent schools. Most schools adopted a similar approach i.e. a friendly chat followed by showing a postcard or reading text and answering questions on it. All schools took detailed notes during the interview.

Channing however took no notes during the interview and dd was interviewed alongside another candidate. Although interview content was similar to the others she commented on the fact that the interviewer took no notes. How does the interviewer remember the candidates and how does Channing decide between candidates. I wonder if a choice is just made between the two candidates then and there. It would explain why no notes are taken. Does anyone have any idea :?:
herewegoagain

Post by herewegoagain »

I understand the interviews were very short so it's likely the interviewer wrote notes after it was completed - but I can't really answer your question. I doubt a choice is made between the two candidates there and then - they only have 40 places and given they had 4 days of interviews, and looking at how many were there on Day 1, I would have thought they were interviewing between 150-200.
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now