SGS second stage

Eleven Plus (11+) in Surrey (Sutton, Kingston and Wandsworth)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

Mum2005

SGS second stage

Post by Mum2005 »

My DS met criteria for WCGS, Wilsons, Greenshaw and SGS in SET.
He sat SGS second stage on 3 Oct. He did not finish the maths paper. He was feeling ill and tired with an ear ache. He feels he has lost all chances as SGS was on top of his list.
Should I prepare him for a no pass or do you think there is still a chance?
PurpleDuck

Re: SGS second stage

Post by PurpleDuck »

Mum2005 wrote:Should I prepare him for a no pass or do you think there is still a chance?
What do they say in football? As long as the ball is still in play, anything can happen, including last second winning goals :) Loads of boys did not finish SGS maths yesterday. Move on from that now, focus on tomorrow and be positive. That's what we are doing. I hope your DS's earache clears. Maybe you could give him a Calpol fastmelt tablet to take with him tomorrow in case he starts feeling unwell? Good luck!
loopylou

Re: SGS second stage

Post by loopylou »

It seems very few boys finished the maths paper and even those that did may not have answered as many questions correctly as those who didn't.
It really isn't possible to gauge at this stage whether an offer is likely or not because although each child has a sense of how well they did, they have no idea how that compares to everyone else (which is the only thing that counts).

If he still has more exams to go, and if he is too ill to concentrate, don't send him. Follow the procedure for children who are ill on the day which normally involves a GP letter and informing the school (check the procedure for each carefully so you complete it properly). If he is too poorly to complete an exam but you send him anyway, they will not accept that as a basis for an appeal and they will not let him try again on the reserve date.