Creative writing for Sale??

Eleven Plus (11+) in Trafford

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

Smembo

Creative writing for Sale??

Post by Smembo »

Hi all! Does anyone know if Sale Grammar or AGSB will have an extended creative writing bit in exams in Sept 2016? Also, are AGSB now moving to CEM?? Thanks!! :D :D
miltonkeynes

Re: Creative writing for Sale??

Post by miltonkeynes »

No one knows what's happening with AGSB yet.
beenish

Post by beenish »

yes no one knows what is going to be in AGSB. i have felt now boys really have to work hard to prepare well for next year as format is not same in both exams. we parents should contact the school to tell us before hand as it is not doing any justice to the children that they prepare for GL and CEM together.
miltonkeynes

Post by miltonkeynes »

beenish wrote:yes no one knows what is going to be in AGSB. i have felt now boys really have to work hard to prepare well for next year as format is not same in both exams. we parents should contact the school to tell us before hand as it is not doing any justice to the children that they prepare for GL and CEM together.
I think your request would fall on deaf ears. The Headmaster at AGSB has said they want to ensure boys get a place due to genuine merit rather than boys that have been over- tutored and quite rightly so IMO!
Daogroupie

Post by Daogroupie »

Lots of students all over the country have to prepare for a number of different formats so this is not a unique situation by any means.

Students in North London sitting Latymer, DAO and QE have to prepare for three different formats. DG