Predict the KE Cut-off Scores?!

Eleven Plus (11+) in Birmingham, Walsall, Wolverhampton and Wrekin

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
DGM

Predict the KE Cut-off Scores?!

Post by DGM »

Hello All,

I have been following the posts on predicting the results, but have lost the plot. We might have had a go at it if the DD had been even the least bit consistent in her memories of the test but it's impossible as, on the few occasions she has mentioned it, she (in the following order over the last 4 weeks) "missed out just a few questions then went back to them, while guessing about 7 overall" ( :) seemed possible and ok), "did not miss out any questions at all nor guessed at any" (lulled us into a false sense of security? :lol: ) and finally, today, "missed out lots of questions, possibly went back to guess at a few of them, and had just thought of at least one silly mistake" ( :roll: help!).

So, moving on from predicting the score :lol: :cry: - does anyone have a theory about the cut-off scores?
nervousmom

Re: Predict the KE Cut-off Scores?!

Post by nervousmom »

Your DD sounds just like ours!
Bob1892

Post by Bob1892 »

Number of candidates being roughly the same I would say cut offs to be very similar to last year. Should be no more than 1-2 marks more than last year max I hope!!!
MSD

Post by MSD »

One caveat to Bob's statement above - Only if scores are not standardised together with Warwickshire. But if they are, and most Brummies are brighter than their Warwichshire counterparts, then cut-offs may go up significantly.
Bob1892

Post by Bob1892 »

MSD- I really can't see why they would combine brum and warks scores together. There's been no indication that they'd be doing this unless I'm seriously mistaken :shock:
Petitpois

Post by Petitpois »

Sorry - but how can cut off's stay the same if there has been a massive shift upwards in cohort averages. Other thing equal the cut off's must be higher, as significant proportionate increases in high scorers swamp the higher end scores. St Dev stays the same across the population dispersion?

yep hold on a second...........that's it.............little more - yes

- I have flipped
- gone dooolllally
- crazy as a coconut
MSD

Post by MSD »

I agree and don't think they will standardise together. KenR posted this statement in another thread and that's where the confusion is.

I don't believe this is correct, for OOC applications (from say Worcs) Warks admissions have made it clear that you are allowed to apply to Warks grammars without applying for the Warks exam if you have registered with the B/ham consortium. That's why I strongly suspect that the standardisations this year will be the same for Warks & B/Ham
Bob1892

Post by Bob1892 »

MSD wrote:I agree and don't think they will standardise together. KenR posted this statement in another thread and that's where the confusion is.

I don't believe this is correct, for OOC applications (from say Worcs) Warks admissions have made it clear that you are allowed to apply to Warks grammars without applying for the Warks exam if you have registered with the B/ham consortium. That's why I strongly suspect that the standardisations this year will be the same for Warks & B/Ham
Ohhhhh shhhh******ttttt!!!
Petitpois

Post by Petitpois »

why has the wheel just come off Bob?? No ref to my rover 420
Bob1892

Post by Bob1892 »

Back to the drawing board again -I'm running out of tippex
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now