Results are in

Eleven Plus (11+) in Gloucestershire (Glos)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
dams

Results are in

Post by dams »

... they started arriving just after 3 and we have received the results from all 4 schools. DD got what she wanted and feeling excited.. :D :D
Good luck to all DCs and their parents.
RedVelvet

Re: Results are in

Post by RedVelvet »

Congratulations! At work, laptop at home!
susiesue

Post by susiesue »

We've had results from the 3 girls grammar schools, still waiting for Pate's.
We are at the end of the alphabet, so I am wondering if that's why.

DR and SHS have only said that we are ranked within 128/150.
RH has gone further and given us a ranking within 120.
DD is ranked 88th and is over the moon!

Good luck to all others who are waiting xx
glosgal

Post by glosgal »

We're still waiting on Pate's too (and are also at the end of the alphabet!)
Sunshine 11

Post by Sunshine 11 »

Well done everyone. My DD did not get a qualifying score last year and to all of those parents who are in the same boat today, please don't worry. There are lots of other great options, in retrospect an all girls school would have been completely wrong for her as would a grammar. We ended up moving house which is a bit extreme, but she is extremely happy and her school is the right one for her. She has many friends some boys, some girls, which suits her well. She is very sporty and her school is great for sports. Good luck, but for those not getting the result they wanted, please don't worry there are many other options. Have a restful weekend :D
Sunshine 11
Que sera, sera
Tolstoy

Post by Tolstoy »

Sunshine 11 wrote:Well done everyone. My DD did not get a qualifying score last year and to all of those parents who are in the same boat today, please don't worry. There are lots of other great options, in retrospect an all girls school would have been completely wrong for her as would a grammar. We ended up moving house which is a bit extreme, but she is extremely happy and her school is the right one for her. She has many friends some boys, some girls, which suits her well. She is very sporty and her school is great for sports. Good luck, but for those not getting the result they wanted, please don't worry there are many other options. Have a restful weekend :D
Great to hear it all worked out Sunshine 11 and very true what you say. It worked the other way for us DC got the score and the place and singlesex was most definitely not the right environment.

Congratulations to those who have received the news they hoped for though as most DC are happy wherever they go. :)
Cheltfan

Post by Cheltfan »

Have heard of 2 boys and girls that have made the top 150 at Pates so well done to them!
steppemum

Post by steppemum »

Can't believe it, dd is in top 150 for SHS.
Got in the PAN for all the girls schools, but not in top 200 for Pates.

I am so delighted. If you have seen my posts over the last few months, you will know that I really didn't expect her to pass.

For future reference, the sample tests in the CPG books are MUCH harder than the test!

congratulations to all those who got what they wanted.
Bugsiejane

Post by Bugsiejane »

Well, it just goes to show you can't tell how your child has done from what they say when they come out of the exam. My DS came out looking pretty shell-shocked and saying it was really hard. He also left the exam room to go to the loo (that has caused me a few sleepless nights!). BUT - unbelievably he is in the top 150 for Pates, and also within the top PAN for all the boys grammars. He is now in the unexpected position of having to choose whether he wants to go to Pates or join his older brother at Tommie's. I'm just in shock...! But good shock!
warden

Post by warden »

Really really chuffed DD in the Pan for HSFG and Ribston (but outside the 200 for Pates). A friend did not share with other grammars and did not get in at their only selection - Pates - does anyone know if there is any way you can share with the others retrospectively (as it were)?

Thanks in advance for any insights etc.
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now