feeling nervous!

Eleven Plus (11+) in Buckinghamshire (Bucks)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
thefirs

feeling nervous!

Post by thefirs »

just popping in to say good luck, im starting to feel the pressure.

This is my 3rd time, last two just missed pass mark by 1 and 2 points, 1 got in on appeal, the other didnt, so i know the stress it brings !!!

:shock: :shock: :shock:
Tolstoy

Re: feeling nervous!

Post by Tolstoy »

Hope it goes well this time. We've had mixed fortunes in the past and not really sure what to expect this time despite DC being most definitely top 30%. How's it going for DC who wasn't successful?
hermanmunster

Post by hermanmunster »

Good Luck to all - really awful waiting for things like this.
When DC got A levels in the summer I was up HOURS before UCAS was open for login... plenty of early morning cleaning
thefirs

Post by thefirs »

It's going to be a long week !

Dc that wasn't successful is fine, loves his school, he is about to do GCSEs and predicted all a's and 1 b, so has still achieved well. The mort important thing is that he is happy of course. Friends that Ask advice I like to say it will all work out and most of the time they settle into school life. However that doesn't stop me wishing that this one goes to gs as I now have a direct comparison and I'm sure gs is the place for him. I just find it hard to be really positive about the results.
Tolstoy

Post by Tolstoy »

Good to hear he is doing well thefirs and you have a good fall back option. We have a good fall back where DC is also predicted to do very well in GCSEs this summer. My worry is more for DC himself who wants to go were his BF goes. So waiting on two sets of results really :roll:
Daffy

Post by Daffy »

Great that you both have good fall back options. Our fall back is not definite because of admission rules. Last year it would have worked though. So nervous and still praying for a good result.

DD has now started mentioning 4 more sleeps to R Day etc. Sleeps?? Who can sleep at the moment!! :lol:

Of course to her I am the picture of calm and reason! What will be will be, I say to her! :roll: :lol:
Daffy

Post by Daffy »

Just read the raw score debate on the Bexley region and now even more stressed!!!

If the test was easier this year then almost perfect marks are required for an older DC which my DD is! :(

Anyone got any valium please?
Daffy

Post by Daffy »

This, coupled with finding a website encouraging other regions to take the Bucks test as a 'free mock' has well and truly sent me over the age! :lol:
Tolstoy

Post by Tolstoy »

All ready been to Bexley Daffy and yes that maths score must be a mistake. :shock: Also been to Birmingham and spending a lot of time in Glocs at the mo, very well travelled :lol:

... and found that awful site too and was not amused. Where is the smilie for prune face :lol:
Daffy

Post by Daffy »

See how over the age (EDGE) I am!!!! :lol:

You are certainly very well travelled Tolstoy. :lol:

Spoken to my DH re the raw score situation in Bexley and he has the following theory:-

If 40 questions = 280 marks then each question is worth 7 marks. So with 1 wrong answer 7 marks are lost which mean 16 marks were lost due to age (23 - 7).

In Bucks approx 7 marks are taken away for September birthdays - but Bucks scores are out of 180 so 16 from 280 doesn't seem too different.

But this doesn't take into account their formula so may be irrelevant

End of DH theory

But saying all that an older DC will still lose out if the test was easier and may not pass.

Sometimes knowledge is not a good thing!!

That website is a nightmare and should not be allowed! They should have one test date for all which would prevent any distortion of the raw scores needed to pass and prevent DC's passing who have no intention of taking up the place! (prune face) Actually mad but was a bit scared of the disturbing mad face available! :lol: