Help! Can somebody answer the rankings for Gloucestershire

Eleven Plus (11+) in Gloucestershire (Glos)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
smf1969

Help! Can somebody answer the rankings for Gloucestershire

Post by smf1969 »

Hi

I hope somebody can help. I am new to this Gloucestershire forum.

I am now really worried. DS scored 235 for Marling and 283 for Crypt. He is desperate to go the Crypt but after speaking with other boys at school today DS says their results were much higher.

Does he stand a chance of Crypt being his first choice, or indeed Marling with those scores?

Thank you :?
Tolstoy

Re: Help! Can somebody answer the rankings for Gloucestershi

Post by Tolstoy »

http://www.elevenplusexams.co.uk/forum/ ... 16&t=44053" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

From this post I gather Crypt went down to a rank of 350 last year so it looks like your DS is very likely to get a place there when the allocations come out in March. Once in the school ranks will make little difference to how DC performs so well done to your DS and he need not worry about his friends scores :)
DC17C

Post by DC17C »

I think you should be fine - on another thread we worked out there were roughly 450 - 470 grammar school places for girls this year and there will be a similar number for boys due to some schools increasing their PANs. Those shared and qualified for more than 1 school can only pick one school so there will be movement well down the rankings at Marlling and Crypt. Pates and Marling have increased their PAN to 150 Tommies PAN is 120 I notice that Crypt have kept their PAN at 112 but I have a DS in YR9 and we had a letter announcing 5 form entry for 2016 and an increase in the PAN to 128. This was then corrected to say the additional places would be allocated from appeals.

I would not worry about the relative scores - I guess you know your DS and have some idea that a GS would suit him. My DS has a place following non qualification and appeal and is doing really well - he is no genius but gets great results in the subjects that matter to him ...he will never be an artist, cook or wood turner :lol:
RedVelvet

Post by RedVelvet »

I'd give the admissions person at the school a call. We were in a similar position a few years ago and they often have really good advice. Also don't worry about the scores once they get in, it really doesn't make a difference.
Stressed?Moi?

Post by Stressed?Moi? »

I would be very confident with that mark to be honest they've regularly been going down to 340's. Also, with the across the board increase in PANs (ie, most schools are taking more DCs) this year, you stand a much better chance. And as smf1969 says, on day one, it really doesn't matter who got what. Some DC's are better at taking exams - doesn't make them more intelligent necessarily :) . Well done to him for qualifying. Crypt I understand is a fab school.
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now