Nikki00

newstead results

Post by Nikki00 »

Hi all

Are the results posted tomorrow ?
PettswoodFiona

Re: newstead results

Post by PettswoodFiona »

I gather the results are put in the post tomorrow to arrive with us on Tuesday. Gulp. Good luck everyone.

I know there is advice on here about not boasting about results which is very apt, but having lurked here in the past I see people have shared results more to give an idea of what results have come through so we have an idea of likelihood of getting through as otherwise waiting until 1st March seems a very long wait to get a better idea. I hope we can do that this year.
grahamsmythe

Post by grahamsmythe »

Our Newstead result arrived this morning.
PettswoodFiona

Post by PettswoodFiona »

DH just sent me a scan of the result. Looks like from last year's result which said 218-220 would have passed that DD would qualify. I know lots of girls said it was easy this year and so I don't know if that means the score required to pass might therefore be substantially higher? It is our closest school so it would be lovely if she could go. I suppose we don't find out for certain until offer day. Hope others are getting the results they were hoping for too.
Nikki00

Post by Nikki00 »

DD did ok but not high enough so we're out. Darrick wood (fingers crossed) here we come.

Well done to those with a high enough score.
thebestmummy

Post by thebestmummy »

I wondered does it go on distance too. We live very near and keeping my fingers crossed
PettswoodFiona

Post by PettswoodFiona »

Nikki, Darrick is a great school, it is wonderful you have that as an option, we are too far out. I know friends DCs who are very happy there.

thebestmummy - as long as you are within the 9 miles then it is score alone and no distance. For the Bexley schools which have a 'pass' system (rather than the Newstead superselective system) then if the grammar schools are over-subscribed they do apply distance as one of their over-subscription criteria.

Does anyone else feel like they have a PhD in school application processes after going through all this?
TopHat

Post by TopHat »

Please any one with knowledge, my daughter score for NW just arrived in post today and is 256, should we put NW as N1 choice in the common form. Is this year scores a much higher than usual, 256 is it defenately " made it in" score, how confident we should be. Thanks in advance. Also is Dartford or Newstead or Tanbridge better. How you would place them 1,2,3.
Last edited by TopHat on Fri Oct 16, 2015 9:03 pm, edited 2 times in total.
PettswoodFiona

Post by PettswoodFiona »

256 is an amazing score well done to your DD. As to which school is 'best' that depends on your DD and where you think they will thrive, also taking into account journey times etc.
TopHat

Post by TopHat »

Ok,thanks
Last edited by TopHat on Fri Oct 16, 2015 9:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.