2016 Discussion thread

Eleven Plus (11+) in Essex

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
Blitz

2016 Discussion thread

Post by Blitz »

This thread is to discuss scores, school choices, etc.

Good luck to those awaiting results. Only a couple more hours to go.
Capt Anxious

Re: 2016 Discussion thread

Post by Capt Anxious »

I see that the new guidance (traffic light sheet ) for 2016 entry shows that the Scores to gain entrance on a historical basis have changed for some - is that incorporating this years average results (this years average mark applied to some equation to give some probability of entrance )

or ...

are we always T-1 with this sheet ( ie/ it incorporates last years acceptance scores only no average mark from this exam applied to some equation to give some probability of entrance ) - if im not getting too carried away with myself

ie/ last years 'guidance' sheet for KEGS in catchment the Green zone was 354

this year it has fallen to 345

whereas for WHSB it remains unchanged and SHSB has actually gone up

I guess in writing this I have probably answered my own question but interested to see others take on this
ToadMum

Post by ToadMum »

Capt Anxious wrote:I see that the new guidance (traffic light sheet ) for 2016 entry shows that the Scores to gain entrance on a historical basis have changed for some - is that incorporating this years average results (this years average mark applied to some equation to give some probability of entrance )

or ...

are we always T-1 with this sheet ( ie/ it incorporates last years acceptance scores only no average mark from this exam applied to some equation to give some probability of entrance ) - if im not getting too carried away with myself

ie/ last years 'guidance' sheet for KEGS in catchment the Green zone was 354

this year it has fallen to 345

whereas for WHSB it remains unchanged and SHSB has actually gone up

I guess in writing this I have probably answered my own question but interested to see others take on this
It can't really include the current results, as no-one has actually applied for a place at any of the schools yet. At least one person has posted a CSSE score who has also posted their child's scores in exams over a very wide area. All people have done at the moment is have their offspring sit the exam (unless they were extremely confident and submitted their CAF before the results were published, of course :lol:).
Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.Groucho Marx
Capt Anxious

Post by Capt Anxious »

Doh ..feeling stupid now :P Guess I wouldnt pass the 11+ !!

Oh well fingers crossed that the band doesnt shift back higher by much as DS is in the green zone on the latest sheet for our 1st choice !
Moatmum

Post by Moatmum »

Well done to everyone who has their results we should all be very proud of our DC its a tough thing to deal with when they are so young. As for us parents, think we all deserve a pat on the back too !! Now for the long wait until March and school allocation. Hopefully we will get some useful information at the 'Enquiry Meetings.'

Looking at the results, it would appear that the English was the harder of the two papers. Which is interesting as its the opposite to what my DD said !!!

Good Luck to anyone still waiting for results.
Proudmumregardless

Post by Proudmumregardless »

I'm so proud of my daughter she worked so hard for her mark.

But on a practical note with a score of 348 and with all the kids saying how easy they found the test and results tallying with this Im worried she won't get ColCHS which is our first and only choice of grammar
Stressed.mum

Post by Stressed.mum »

Proudmumregardless wrote:I'm so proud of my daughter she worked so hard for her mark.

But on a practical note with a score of 348 and with all the kids saying how easy they found the test and results tallying with this Im worried she won't get ColCHS which is our first and only choice of grammar
Well done to your dd. I think this score will see her in to Colchs.
ocobrown

Post by ocobrown »

Proudmumregardless wrote:I'm so proud of my daughter she worked so hard for her mark.

Don't forget that the score you have is the reflection of how your DC results compared to everyone else's - the closer to 303, the closer to the average scores achieved. It therefore takes account of the difficulty of the paper and 348 is a very good score! Don't worry about the very high scores posted here, I know it feels like everyone else got 370+ but it's not the case honest!
Kace

Post by Kace »

So will we ever find out whether the maths paper or the English paper was harder?!
Dd1 was very surprised that she did slightly better in the maths (47) than in the English (44) because after the tests she felt that the English paper went well, but the maths was very hard, so we were expecting a higher mark in English and a lower mark in maths (as was dd1).
Capt Anxious

Post by Capt Anxious »

SIF form ? Applying online to fill out the CAF and it pops up that KEGS require a SIF form ... is that not waht we filled in online to register for the 11+ exam on the CSSE webpage back in May ?

Confused and not wanting to omit any important paperwork in this application process !