Dover Test

Eleven Plus (11+) in Kent

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
bexamy

Dover Test

Post by bexamy »

Failed the Kent test here, but super proud of her for trying. All hopes on Dover Test. I don't know how true, but someone told me that some parents had received their letters already. Any Dovarians confirm either way please.
Wendynan

Re: Dover Test

Post by Wendynan »

My granddaughters had her pass letter :) anyone have any idea what score has been needed in the past to actually get a place?
bexamy

Post by bexamy »

Was that the Dover grammar test letter she received. My post is hit and miss but I know of at least 6 people who have had the letters and have passed. Hoping it's not an error.
Wendynan

Post by Wendynan »

Wishing you both luck :)
sots80

Post by sots80 »

We had our email here from KCC but no letter yet re Dover results. The school were only supposed to post them today for delivery tomorrow but I've heard of quite a few that have had their Kent test results by email and their Dover results by letter today.
sots80

Post by sots80 »

We received our letter in the post this morning. Hope you did too bexamyand hope it was good news for you all.
bexamy

Post by bexamy »

It was sots80. We received the letter today confirming that she had passed the Dover test. So proud didn't think she'd do it as her dyslexia causes problems with her VR. As the Dover test averages the score her maths, English and NVR scores were high enough to balance the score. She ended up with a respectable 137! I suspect when I get the Kent test scores the VR the result is the one which failed her!
susanass

Post by susanass »

bexamy wrote:It was sots80. We received the letter today confirming that she had passed the Dover test. So proud didn't think she'd do it as her dyslexia causes problems with her VR. As the Dover test averages the score her maths, English and NVR scores were high enough to balance the score. She ended up with a respectable 137! I suspect when I get the Kent test scores the VR the result is the one which failed her!
Hi, Well done to your dc! I received my letter from KCC to say my dc passed the dover test also, but I haven't yet received the actual letter from Dover, I phoned them and they said it should be with me tomorrow. In the meantime, do you know how much is the pass mark as I don't have a clue of what was needed to pass or how many questions, etc...
Also, do you know if they have a catchment for Dover Grammar for boys? If so, how far can you be to be get a place? Be handy to know how many actually sat the test and how many have passed as I can't find this information anywhere. thanks in advance.
bexamy

Post by bexamy »

I don't know about the boys school, as I have girls. The girls grammar passmark was 118. They were tested in VR, NVR, English and Maths. There were 50 questions in maths, but that's all she can remember. Dover Girls school have kids from Folkestone, Hawkinge, and Hougham to Eythorne, St Margaret's to Deal so if Dover boys is the same is quite a large area. A friend said around 350 girls took the test, but that's only what I heard so wouldn't cast that in stone, but it might give you an idea.
sots80

Post by sots80 »

Ah, well done to your DD bexamy a very respectable pass!

My DD had a friend pass the boys grammar, the pass mark this year was 116 susanass
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now