hadassah

Sept 2016 Wilmington Grammar boy cut off

Post by hadassah »

Hi once again,

has any one heard the cut off marks for this year please. Thank you
eleanorrigby

Re: Sept 2016 Wilmington Grammar boy cut off

Post by eleanorrigby »

If you read the admissions criteria it's primarily on distance from the school with a priority catchment. No one will know until everyone has applied how far it will go out on distance.
hadassah wrote:Hi once again,

has any one heard the cut off marks for this year please. Thank you
dwisdom

Post by dwisdom »

Last year they went up 5 miles
PettswoodFiona

Post by PettswoodFiona »

I refer to my answer at http://www.elevenplusexams.co.uk/forum/ ... 19&t=44055" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
MerlinFromCamelot

Post by MerlinFromCamelot »

Is 5 miles first round allocations?

I know of 2 boys who did not pass Bexley and I think they live a bit further than 5 miles. Not sure if they could in first round, perhaps they are only 5 miles and the distance is perceptive… not sure. They started this September…
amfnc

Post by amfnc »

I think that WGSB went out just over 5 miles. When I spoke to admissions this year (May this year), I was told that all bar one child took their space up on first round allocation so my understanding is (correct me if I'm wrong) they didn't really have a second round. Any other spaces created, including this one, would've gone to those successful on appeals (of which there were 5).

My DS started WGSB this year, if you want any information regarding his experience so far, let me know. He loves it!! This time last year it was between Wilmington and Beths - we liked both but he just had his heart set on Wilmington and we always said he could choose. 6 weeks or so in, we have not doubt in our minds that he made the right choice for him. It's not always about what is perceived to be the best school (results wise), but the right school for that child. There is so much more to a school and that child's experience than the results alone.

Good luck!
bingson

Post by bingson »

Does anyone know the cut-off marks for 2015 for WGSB?

Thanks in advance
theonly1

Post by theonly1 »

Does any one know lowest scores taken for out of county for WGSB last year. Not sure whether it was on this forum I got the idea of 329 or just day dreaming.
PettswoodFiona

Post by PettswoodFiona »

They are not a superselective so all you need is a pass which this year is 320 and then be within the distance cut off (not score cut off). The distance criteria has usually covered areas just in Bexley and Bromley borough too. They have 12 or 15 places for high scorers regardless of distance but these are not published and vary greatly every year depending on who applies and what other choices they get. I haven't read if this has changed for this forthcoming intake as I am not looking at the Wilmington schools.
theonly1

Post by theonly1 »

Thanks PettswoodFiona. I wonder if a child living in Thamesmead has a chance.