Help...Sally-Anne. Change to Beds system?

Eleven Plus (11+) in Buckinghamshire (Bucks)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
dejavu

Help...Sally-Anne. Change to Beds system?

Post by dejavu »

Hi Sally-Anne

Am only just mastering this computer business and I realised I should have put this message on a new topic, and not have added it on to the end of my last one.

We live in Bucks, but on the Beds/Bucks border. There is a good (Ofsted2) Beds Middle School, Fullbrook, near by (less than 350 pupils). This is a feeder school for upper school in Leighton Buzzard called Cedars (Ofsted2 - the same for Aylesbury High - the girl's grammar!). If we sent our daughter to Fullbrook, would the Year 7 Head still be able to give permisssion for her to take the 12+ even though it is a Beds school?

Help.......
many thanks
dejavu
Sally-Anne

Post by Sally-Anne »

Yes, is the short answer!

It is worth checking that the Head isn't of the "anti 11+" variety though. You can still apply for the 12+ without a Head's backing, but needless to say it is trickier.

You also need to watch Bucks closely on how many vacant places there are at Aylesbury High and John Hampden in September. AHS looks as though it may only have a very few places, but JHS looks as though it will have quite a number of vacancies.

I am moving this thread to Bucks because it doesn't relate to Appeals.

Best wishes
Sally-Anne
dejavu

Sir Henry Floyd

Post by dejavu »

Sally-Anne - Our other grammar school is Sir Henry Floyd. Do not know where John Hamden is.
many thanks
dejavu
Sally-Anne

Post by Sally-Anne »

Hi dejavu

Sorry - less haste more speed! :oops:

JHGS is in Wycombe. I did really mean SHF. That is also very heavily undersubscribed so far this year. :D

Sally-Anne
dejavu

Beds middle school

Post by dejavu »

Have arranged to see Fullbrook with daughter on 18 Feb. Good news is that there are places, they do not mind pupils doing 12+ (they lose two or three pupils each time) and that it is a smaller school - this may suit my daughter better as she was born in August, so it might be less of a shock than going to a school with 1200 pupils.
many thanks
dejavu
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now