Anyone from Sutton Coldfield considering CHB?

Eleven Plus (11+) in Birmingham, Walsall, Wolverhampton and Wrekin

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

carps

Anyone from Sutton Coldfield considering CHB?

Post by carps »

We live in Sutton Coldfield and we are considering CHB for our DS. Is anyone else considering? We would like to try and network around travel options and buddys etc. Any advice appreciated.
kumarsAt42

Re: Anyone from Sutton Coldfield considering CHB?

Post by kumarsAt42 »

Hi,

I think you can take train at 7:20 / 7:30 from Sutton C'field. Then either catch bus from University (bus 76) or Kings Norton (bus 11a) or Bournville (Bus 27), to reach school by 8:30ish.

So, don't worry..he will get company as a lot of kids take this route.
booellesmum

Post by booellesmum »

Just wondering why Camp Hill when Vesey on your doorstep? Did you like it a lot more, and if so why? - if you don't mind me asking?
carps

Post by carps »

I think the quality of teaching and learning, staff expertise and pupil enrichment opportunities are second to none!
shakey

Post by shakey »

Seriously there's not much difference between chb and bv in the scheme of things. Logistics is everything I believe. Especially for young children over 7 years.
worldcup14

Post by worldcup14 »

BV is a great school with great results. Don't fall for the CHB hype. In no way is it worth the travel, especially as the cross city line is unreliable and local buses not much better. Still you need to decide what's most important to you and that's where no one can really help you.
shakey

Post by shakey »

I cannot believe why dps get their knickers in a twist over chb or chg - if another GS is on your doorstep then Problem solved!
booellesmum

Post by booellesmum »

shakey wrote:I cannot believe why dps get their knickers in a twist over chb or chg - if another GS is on your doorstep then Problem solved!
Personally I agree, but I guess everyone has to do what's right for them. So long as it's not a case of " CHB must be better because you need a higher score to get in." I do hear a lot of that still!
carps

Post by carps »

The decision is based purely around what will suit my DS best rather than which school is best.
booellesmum

Post by booellesmum »

carps wrote:The decision is based purely around what will suit my DS best rather than which school is best.
He has done fantastically well and it is a great school, so if he likes that best go for it.
I would call the school to see if they have a system to buddy up children travelling in the same direction. A lot of schools send this info out when offers have been accepted so kids can sort arrangements out over the summer.
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now