curiousappa

list of girls grammar schools who offer place for o/c

Post by curiousappa »

Please help
what are the schools in kent have places for out of catchment
ToadMum

Re: list of girls grammar schools who offer place for o/c

Post by ToadMum »

This may seem a daft question, but didn't you look at admissions criteria for Kent schools before you put your DD in for the exam?
Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.Groucho Marx
curiousappa

Post by curiousappa »

ToadMum wrote:This may seem a daft question, but didn't you look at admissions criteria for Kent schools before you put your DD in for the exam?
Thanks for your kind reply....

I do know there are three schools in kent offer places for o/c

But didn't have enough time to look into all 36 grammar schools admission policy.

Sorry if it's annoyed you

You don't have to answer if you don't want to.

May be parents who have gone through same situation as me last couple of years will be kind enough to help me if they know the name of the schools who offer place for out of catchment
No hard feelings
Thanks anyway.
ToadMum

Post by ToadMum »

Hardly annoyed, just curious. A proper Elephant's Child, me :lol: . I do find it rather odd, though, that anyone would consider upping sticks and moving to a completely new area, for a place at a school they haven't even seen, which could be anywhere in a pretty large county. But we all live our lives differently; it's one of the things which make the world such a fascinating place :) .

I'm sure someone will be able to confirm this (or not, if I'm wrong), but I think two of the schools you are after are Dartford and Tonbridge. I have no idea where the third one is.
Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.Groucho Marx
PurpleDog

Post by PurpleDog »

Depending on where you live, you may get a place at Weald of Kent off the waiting list.
We are in East Sussex and this is what we are hoping for as DD didn't get a high enough score for TGS.
PettswoodFiona

Post by PettswoodFiona »

Wilmington reserve 12 places for girls who scored top in the maths portion of the test. Someone has already mentioned Tonbridge and Dartford. As these are the ones in commuting distance for us I haven't looked elsewhere in Kent so can't advise.
loobylou

Post by loobylou »

The OP has already explained several times on this forum (not that he should have to) that his wife is a doctor and they will be having to move at the end of next summer term as she looks for a new job.
There will be countless other junior doctors, many of them with children, in the same position every year. It does seem unfair that they should constantly be accused of 11+ tourism etc etc when actually they have no choice about moving but are making very sensible choices about where to move.
I was fortunate enough to be in the OP's wife's position 15 years ago and therefore chose my area to work/live before I had children - but I still chose my area based on good schools.
curiousappa

Post by curiousappa »

loobylou wrote:The OP has already explained several times on this forum (not that he should have to) that his wife is a doctor and they will be having to move at the end of next summer term as she looks for a new job.
There will be countless other junior doctors, many of them with children, in the same position every year. It does seem unfair that they should constantly be accused of 11+ tourism etc etc when actually they have no choice about moving but are making very sensible choices about where to move.
I was fortunate enough to be in the OP's wife's position 15 years ago and therefore chose my area to work/live before I had children - but I still chose my area based on good schools.
Thanks lobby lou
Atleast there is some one to understand
Thanks for your support
We chose to live in Wimbledon couple of years back for the good state and private schools in the area.

But when my wife applied for training, she couldn't find anything in London due to huge competition

Then we end up moving to kings lynn even though her employer based Southend

They moved most of the doctors across East of england

how many people will understand due to nhs crisis doctors has to move county to county in each rotation between 5 to 6 months.
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now