ONLY 4 WEEKS TOMORROW!

Eleven Plus (11+) in Wirral

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
Pensby

ONLY 4 WEEKS TOMORROW!

Post by Pensby »

Hiya Pensby here,

I can't belive it's only 4 weeks now,it's going over quite fast,half term next week then only 2 to go!!

Master Pensby said the groups in his class had been moved around ,the "back row" as he calls it had some kids were added and taken away,he said maybe it's who's passed ,knowing the teachers know the reslults, you start to wonder!!he was still there thank goodness or I be worried sick!!

I can't wait for him to go to secondary(Caldy of course)he seems so bored in year 6,what do they have to aim for? He was getting 3 level 5 in his sat's at the end of year 5! His homework took 3 minutes yeterday it was hardly worth switching the dreaded game boy off!!

Anyway hope you're all well,let me know how it's going!

Hello to Master Scatshouse,Hopeful Den, Notion Potion and anyone else I've forgotten ,hope you are like Master Pensby and not worriying too much!!
:wink:

Pensby :lol:
scatshouse

Post by scatshouse »

Hi Pensby,

You're right, it does seem to be going over so fast, just not fast enough for me :D

No movement in Master Scatshouse's class as far as I can tell, so no clues there.

I'm feeling that I just don't care now, I just want to know the results. If I knew for certain whether he'd passed or not we could start to make plans.
I feel that we're left in limbo too long, surely it wouldn't matter if we knew the scores, we'd still have to wait for allocation, but if we knew that they'd scored too low to even appeal we could close the door and put it behind us, similarly, if they are borderline we could start planning an appeal.

I think my point is that we could be doing something rather than just waiting :D

I don't think the kids even realise when the results are out, it's only us parents who worry about all that.

Hope everybody else in Wirral is O.K. and not stressing too much about the wait.

Scatshouse.
mumster

Post by mumster »

My daughter does know when the results are due now! We were trying not to tell her so she wouldn't be thinking/worrying (until she at least got into school on the day) but lo and behold she comes home from school with a letter detailing when the results are due!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
:D
NotionPotion

Post by NotionPotion »

Same here Mumster. Got letter yeaterday detailing the same. Luckily my daughter knows around about when they are due. Letter said allocations would be received by 4 March.
Got to the point now where although I'm keen to know the results I am also a bit sad that she is getting to the end of her happy Primary school life and is growing up fast-
Precious days!
Pensby

Post by Pensby »

Hi Mumster and Notion Potion,

Just wondered was the letter from the school or the council? My son broke up today for half term and got no such letter!

He knows when the results are due coz they talk about it in school and I'm guilty of mentioning it too but we've had no official communication from anywhere!

Pensby
NotionPotion

Post by NotionPotion »

Hi Scatshouse,
T'was from the school.
scatshouse

Post by scatshouse »

Hi Notion Potion,

wasn't me who asked the question, but thanks I was wondering as well :lol: :lol:
NotionPotion

Post by NotionPotion »

Well you know I didn't want you to feel left out!...
mumster

Post by mumster »

Hi all
Our letter was also from school
8)
HopefulDen

Data Protection Act

Post by HopefulDen »

Here's a thought-too late for us but next year....
Asuming the Local Authority knows the results by Jan 1st and that this is probably held on computer-if you sent a Data Protection Act Request they's have to give you ALL the information held on computer about your child-they only have 40 days to comply before breaking the law.wish I'd though about this at the start of Jan!
Denise J
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now