Options - Reading Boys and Sir William Borlase?

Eleven Plus (11+) in Berkshire (Berks)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
Awesomeanshi

Options - Reading Boys and Sir William Borlase?

Post by Awesomeanshi »

Hello, confusing times after my DS Qualified in both Slough Consortium and Bucks. From previous experience, please share ..... need to decide between SWBGS and Reading Boys??? obviously RB is way high in the league tables.
Tinkers

Re: Options - Reading Boys and Sir William Borlase?

Post by Tinkers »

Have you got your Reading result yet. It won't necessarily be the same as the Slough result.
Awesomeanshi

Post by Awesomeanshi »

Thanks Tinkers, I have been asking whether we needed to look out for Reading Boys result too.....Not got RB yet, but have got the Slough result (which is great). Do we get a separate letter for RBS???
vinni77

Post by vinni77 »

Awesomeanshi wrote:Thanks Tinkers, I have been asking whether we needed to look out for Reading Boys result too.....Not got RB yet, but have got the Slough result (which is great). Do we get a separate letter for RBS???
Yes the letter from Reading is being posted out today.
Awesomeanshi

Post by Awesomeanshi »

vinni77 wrote:
Awesomeanshi wrote:Thanks Tinkers, I have been asking whether we needed to look out for Reading Boys result too.....Not got RB yet, but have got the Slough result (which is great). Do we get a separate letter for RBS???
Yes the letter from Reading is being posted out today.

Thank you :D
LittleL0st

Post by LittleL0st »

The other thing is that I found a table saying that no places in William Borlaise will be offered to boys from Reading this year. The entire no of places in bucks allocated to boys resident in Rdg are less than 5 (!) Those places are all at John Hempden GS. I'm guessing your child may not be from Rdg though?
kittymum

Post by kittymum »

LittleL0st wrote:The other thing is that I found a table saying that no places in William Borlaise will be offered to boys from Reading this year. The entire no of places in bucks allocated to boys resident in Rdg are less than 5 (!) Those places are all at John Hempden GS. I'm guessing your child may not be from Rdg though?
I think the OP lives in High Wycombe.

Just to clarify all Bucks grammar schools offer catchment first and then ooc by distance from school.

Borlase (mixed school) offered ooc to approx 11 miles last year. This was approx twice the distance it generally offers.

John Hampden (boys school) has been "all offered" for the last couple of years.

We obviously don't know this years allocations. Reading is not catchment for any Bucks schools.
Tinkers

Post by Tinkers »

That's a point. Are you actually in catchment for Reading School? It's highly unlikely you will get a place if you aren't.
Awesomeanshi

Post by Awesomeanshi »

Thanks all, we are not in catchment for Reading Boys............our best options are SWBGS, Royal GS or JH. This forum is a guiding light honestly :)
Guest55

Post by Guest55 »

Which did you prefer when you visited?

I don't think High Wycombe is in catchment for SWBGS and you cannot anticipate how close you'll need to live to get a place.

I would choose the one that is easiest to get to from where you live.
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now