Missing Books

Eleven Plus (11+) in Kent

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

medwaymum

Missing Books

Post by medwaymum »

Well I have joined the ranks of 'my daughters school books have gone missing'. :(
Today they were taken as 'the head really wants to have a look at them'. Strangely about 13 children took the test and only 2 books have gone. Have all the others passed? Or were some too far from the pass mark to appeal for?
yoyo123

Post by yoyo123 »

I think you have it exactly medway mum!

fingers crossed
medwaymum

Post by medwaymum »

Thanks yoyo123. Funny thing is my daughter is blissfully unaware of why the books of gone - lucky devil. :twisted:
denis denis

Post by denis denis »

Can I join this club as well? My son's work was taken "because the head really wanted to see it" last week. Quite a few were taken, apparently. Luckily, like your daughter, he is blissfully unaware and is chuffed that the head thought his work was great :( :) :?

Edited to add: I am not actually too worried about this. I may be wrong (will let you know after March 3 LOL), but I honestly think my son has passed. And if he hasn't, he should get in on appeal. So let's not get too depressed about it just yet.
countingdays

Missing books

Post by countingdays »

My daughter's books have now been returned. She too is unaware why they were taken but did comment earlier this week, when she got them back, that they must have been sent somewhere because the school name was now written on them - it is so nice to be innocent! I did have some sleepless nights worrying because we have always been told that she is very able and on the G & T register. The fact that taht it apears that only her books were taken came as a total suprise, only March 3rd will tell the real truth although we are still quietly and hopefully confident. The haedteacher would not comment on why her books had gone but our daughter did take both the Kent and Bexley tests and I am wondering whether there was a total discrepancy in the results - lets hope so!
medwaymum

Post by medwaymum »

Sorry to be a cynic, but I think if they had achieved a 'pass' their books would not go missing. However, for the school to appeal on their behalf and need their books, they must be pretty close to the pass mark plus also the school must be confident in their levels.
Please do not think that all is lost though as some children will get through on this headteacher's appeal.
As you say, March 3rd will reveal all!
yoyo123

Post by yoyo123 »

remember that books are sometimes taken for all sorts of reasons, I was always having to send representative books from top, middle and bottom of the class for the subject co-ordinators to look at
Faith

Result

Post by Faith »

Hello All,
My daughter sat for kent exam last month as well but we live in Bromley. Do you think the head teacher will have the result now? I checked with my daughter none of the books in her class has gone missing. I am not sure if this is a good sign or not, does it mean all the children passed or the headteacher is yet to received the results.
denis denis

Post by denis denis »

medwaymum wrote:Sorry to be a cynic, but I think if they had achieved a 'pass' their books would not go missing. However, for the school to appeal on their behalf and need their books, they must be pretty close to the pass mark plus also the school must be confident in their levels.
Please do not think that all is lost though as some children will get through on this headteacher's appeal.
But i think the school sometimes takes a selection of children's books from the class in order to camouflage whose books they actually want! I'm hoping so, anyway.
denis denis

Post by denis denis »

denis denis wrote:
medwaymum wrote:Sorry to be a cynic, but I think if they had achieved a 'pass' their books would not go missing. However, for the school to appeal on their behalf and need their books, they must be pretty close to the pass mark plus also the school must be confident in their levels.
But i think the school sometimes takes a selection of children's books from the class in order to camouflage whose books they actually want! I'm hoping so, anyway.
I asked my son tonight if he'd had his books back yet, and he said that the head had only had them for a day or so. Surely not for appeal purposes then?
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now